Romanian Artist Turns Tree Stumps Into Beautiful Artworks
Artist Gabi Rizea only discovered his talent for wood carving three years ago, and has since put it to good use, saving dozens of old tree stumps from being completely removed, by turning them into impressive works of art.
A former forest engineer, Rizea became a wood carver completely by accident. Three years ago, after buying himself a new chainsaw, he started “playing” with it on a block of wood he had in his workshop. He tried carving a human face into the wood, and to his surprise, it turned out pretty good. He liked using the chainsaw for art, so he kept honing his skills. Today, he is so good at it that local authorities in his home city of Craiova, Romania, allow him to work his magic on the old tree stumps dotting the local parks.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Ecuadorian Police Save Tiny Terrified Sloth in Most Adorable Highway Rescue Ever
- GrelkaFest 2019: The Annual Bikini Ski Day In Siberia!
- Bizarre House Hangs Perilously Over a Cliff’s Edge in Australia
- These Creepy And Disturbing Vintage Easter Bunny Photos That Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- Jadayupara, The Largest Bird Sculpture In The World
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- This Artist Illustrated Her Everyday Problems With Relatable Comics
- Artist Designs Classic Cars Inspired By Exotic Wild Animals
- “A Cathedral That Defined A City”: 20 Rare Photographs Of Notre Dame From The 19th Century
- Vienna Cemetery Now Offers Lego, And You Can Recreate Funerals