Romanian Artist Turns Tree Stumps Into Beautiful Artworks
Artist Gabi Rizea only discovered his talent for wood carving three years ago, and has since put it to good use, saving dozens of old tree stumps from being completely removed, by turning them into impressive works of art.
A former forest engineer, Rizea became a wood carver completely by accident. Three years ago, after buying himself a new chainsaw, he started “playing” with it on a block of wood he had in his workshop. He tried carving a human face into the wood, and to his surprise, it turned out pretty good. He liked using the chainsaw for art, so he kept honing his skills. Today, he is so good at it that local authorities in his home city of Craiova, Romania, allow him to work his magic on the old tree stumps dotting the local parks.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Our Deepest Darkest Fears Turned Into Terrifying Cartoons
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Singapore Coffee Maker Invented A Fluffy Cotton Candy Cloud Drips A ‘Rain’ Of Sugar Into A Coffee Cup
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Artist Hilariously Trolls Celebrities With His Ridiculous Fan Art
- Take A Look At This Cute Adopted Cat With Funny Markings