This Guy Makes Sweaters Of Places And Then Takes Pictures Of Himself Wearing The Sweaters At Those Places
Do you wish you could bring your holidays home with you? Sam Barsky does just that through knitting incredible pictorial sweaters! Baltimore resident Sam learned to knit when he was 24 after seeking a new direction in life. Sam loved discovering a way to make something original and wearable that wasn’t available elsewhere. Before long he had an image in his mind of a sweater, but couldn’t find a pattern to match it.
“After making two solid-coloured sweaters, I knitted one from a pattern of a world map,” he says. “I looked through patterns to decide what to do next, and didn’t like any. I had a vision of a sweater with a picture of nature on it, and thought I could just try to knit such a sweater without a pattern. I got to work, and though not the greatest piece of art, it was a success!”
He adds: “The next one came out even better. Now I’ve made almost 90 of them.”
Since starting on this journey in 2000, Sam has created dozens of pictorial sweaters, featuring natural wonders, iconic landmarks, animals and city skylines.
“I wish I could recreate every place I’ve been to in yarn,” he says. “Anything that catches my eye is a potential sweater.”
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
More Inspiring Stories On Design You Trust:
- Living La Dolce Vita: Vintage Photos Show How Idyllic Italy Was In The 1980s
- Head Back To The 80s With Chris Mcveigh’s LEGO Retro Desk Kits
- Spanish Designer Fernando Abellanas Works In A Secret Studio Right Under The Bridge
- The Electric State: Simon Stålenhag Comes A New Narrative Artbook About A Girl And Her Robot Traveling West In An Alternate 90s USA
- The Very Badass Digital Art By Liana Anatolevich
- Can You Spot Yourself In These Designer Stereotypes?
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- Kids Will Be Kids! James Nathaniel Likes To Turn People Into Children By Making Their Heads Bigger.
- Craziest Swimsuits To Hit The Beach This Summer
- Stunning Digital Art By Nik Buzhan
- “Secret Window, Secret Garden”: Dreamlike Photography By Shaina Sterrett
- Artist Wil Hughes Shows How Pop Culture Icons Would Look In Real Life, And It Will Give You Nightmares
- Black and White Photos Of Teenage Gangs Of New York City In 1959
- Photographer Creates Spellbinding Photos Of Meals From Classic Books
- This “Unspirational” Instagram Account Is For People Who Hate Inspirational Quotes
- Japanese Company Releases Line Of ‘Crotch Charms’ For Women To Dangle From Their Swimsuits Between Their Legs
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Scary Potter – Terrifying Alternative Posters For The Harry Potter Movies
- “Hipsters In Stone”: Artist Léo Caillard Continues To Dress The Statues As Hipsters
- Illustrator Yaoyao Ma Van As Perfectly Captures The Happiness Of Living Alone
- Art In The Shadows: Artist Damon Belanger Enlivens City With Serendipitous Paintwork
- Human Characters Interact With Extra-Terrestrial Creatures And Dinosaurs – New Gucci Campaign Inspired By Vintage Sci-Fi
- Beautiful 1980s Portraits Capture The Vibrant Residents Of A Single East Berlin Street
- Artist Jacqueline Mak Takes On Consumerism, Body Politics, Humor, And Eroticism In Raunchy NSWF Collages