This Guy Makes Sweaters Of Places And Then Takes Pictures Of Himself Wearing The Sweaters At Those Places
Do you wish you could bring your holidays home with you? Sam Barsky does just that through knitting incredible pictorial sweaters! Baltimore resident Sam learned to knit when he was 24 after seeking a new direction in life. Sam loved discovering a way to make something original and wearable that wasn’t available elsewhere. Before long he had an image in his mind of a sweater, but couldn’t find a pattern to match it.
“After making two solid-coloured sweaters, I knitted one from a pattern of a world map,” he says. “I looked through patterns to decide what to do next, and didn’t like any. I had a vision of a sweater with a picture of nature on it, and thought I could just try to knit such a sweater without a pattern. I got to work, and though not the greatest piece of art, it was a success!”
He adds: “The next one came out even better. Now I’ve made almost 90 of them.”
Since starting on this journey in 2000, Sam has created dozens of pictorial sweaters, featuring natural wonders, iconic landmarks, animals and city skylines.
“I wish I could recreate every place I’ve been to in yarn,” he says. “Anything that catches my eye is a potential sweater.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The World Sports Photography Awards 2020
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Brilliant Book Dedications
- This 16-Year-Old Vegan Teenager Turns His Food Into Stunning Art