Rare Photos of Angola’s Tribal People
Photographer Eric Lafforgue travelled to Angola and met some of the fascinating tribal peoples living there.
Men, by contrast, leave jewellery and elaborate hairstyles to the women, instead choosing to wear a simple loin cloth paired with a dagger or, in some cases, old 1990s football jerseys. The jerseys are a symbol of changing times in Angola; a country where huge oil wealth is concentrated in the hands of a privileged few while the rest of the country struggles to come to terms with the aftermath of the Angolan Civil War – a conflict that lasted for more than 30 years and left the countryside littered with landmines.
H/t: The Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- Spectacular Winning Images of The WildArt Photographer of the Year 2021
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos