Cancer Survivor Kristi Loyall Who Had Leg Amputated Now Takes Limb Everywhere
A young woman who was forced to have her right leg amputated below the knee following a cancer diagnosis now takes her detached limb on her adventures – and has even given it its own Instagram account.
Kristi Loyall, from El Reno, Oklahoma, was diagnosed with epitheliod sarcoma, a rare form of cancer in April last year after four years of symptoms that baffled medics.
The 25-year-old was told the devastating news that she would need an amputation but has since found a lighter way to share her recovery with followers – by taking the skeleton of her foot along wherever she goes.
Now in remission, Loyall currently isn’t working because of her disability and is hopeful that by sharing the bizarre images she can raise funds for ongoing care.
The Instagram account One foot wander documents her detached limb in a variety of different scenes from reclining on a picturesque beach, to standing with pet dogs and being pictured in front of urban skylines.
Now, Loyall is hopeful that she can not only raise money towards her future care as a disabled person but that she can raise a smile at the same time with the eye-raising collection of travel snaps.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Artist Illustrates How Doing Anything Is Much Better When There Are Animals Around
- This Artist Uses Her Face As A Canvas
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- Evocative Sculptures And Wearable Pieces Were Created With Ordinary Fabric
- Inspiring & Rare Color Photographs Of Everyday Life In Hong Kong From The Photographer Fan Ho
- Artist Studies Psychoanalysis And Visualize The States Of The Subconscious In Her Bizarre Sculptures