Sculptor Spends 2 Years To Build Knife Angel Out Of 100,000 Weapons, However Government Rejects It
There’s a giant 26-foot-tall Knife Angel sculpture in the UK, constructed entirely out of 100,000 knives that were donated. But besides the remarkable numbers, it’s also a monument constructed out of dire necessity to remember the victims fallen to the rising knife violence in the United Kingdom and also to finally admit that there’s really a problem.
The angel’s founder, Alfie Radley, has spent two years designing and building the sculpture that features authorities donated knives that were actually utilized in violent crimes all over England and Wales, some of which even have the names of the victims engraved onto the blades. The rest arrived thanks to the aid of British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire, which initiated an amnesty program “Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife,” through which individuals can anonymously contribute their knives to the project.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Artist Gives A Comically Exaggerated Representation Of Popular Characters And Phenomena In His Paintings
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Indian Photo Festival Portrait Prize 2021 Finalists and Winners
- Artist Imagines How History’s Most Famous Painters Might Decorate Their Homes Based On The Color Pallettes Of Their Paintings
- Finalists and Winners of The Head On Portrait Award 2021
- The Winners of The Historic Photographer of The Year Awards 2021 Have Been Announced
- The Paul Milinski Retro Futuristic Dreamscapes Are Serenity Manifest
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Photographer Explores The Artefacts of Abandoned Former USSR Sites