Sculptor Spends 2 Years To Build Knife Angel Out Of 100,000 Weapons, However Government Rejects It
There’s a giant 26-foot-tall Knife Angel sculpture in the UK, constructed entirely out of 100,000 knives that were donated. But besides the remarkable numbers, it’s also a monument constructed out of dire necessity to remember the victims fallen to the rising knife violence in the United Kingdom and also to finally admit that there’s really a problem.
The angel’s founder, Alfie Radley, has spent two years designing and building the sculpture that features authorities donated knives that were actually utilized in violent crimes all over England and Wales, some of which even have the names of the victims engraved onto the blades. The rest arrived thanks to the aid of British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire, which initiated an amnesty program “Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife,” through which individuals can anonymously contribute their knives to the project.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Futuristic 1966 Ford Ranger II Concept Truck
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- 3D-Printed Paintings Let The Blind “See” Famous Art For The First Time
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Dolphin Shorts: The Favorite Fashion Trend Of The ’80s Teenage Girls
- Cool Pics That Show People With Technologies In The 80s
- Japanese Sculptor Shows How He Transforms Wood Into Surreal Sculptures
- Toilets Around the World
- Famous Music Hits Turned Into Vintage Ad Posters