Sculptor Spends 2 Years To Build Knife Angel Out Of 100,000 Weapons, However Government Rejects It
There’s a giant 26-foot-tall Knife Angel sculpture in the UK, constructed entirely out of 100,000 knives that were donated. But besides the remarkable numbers, it’s also a monument constructed out of dire necessity to remember the victims fallen to the rising knife violence in the United Kingdom and also to finally admit that there’s really a problem.
The angel’s founder, Alfie Radley, has spent two years designing and building the sculpture that features authorities donated knives that were actually utilized in violent crimes all over England and Wales, some of which even have the names of the victims engraved onto the blades. The rest arrived thanks to the aid of British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire, which initiated an amnesty program “Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife,” through which individuals can anonymously contribute their knives to the project.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Japanese Twitter Falls In Meme Love With Perfectly Timed Photo Of One-Punch Shiba Inu
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 30 Artists’ Tributes To The Iconic Notre-Dame Cathedral
- Artist Visualizes Freddie Mercury As The Protagonist Of Vintage Comic Book Covers
- Our Deepest Darkest Fears Turned Into Terrifying Cartoons
- Riikka Hyvönen Captures The Beauty Of Bruises In Giant Artworks
- 101 Best Picture Comparisons From Lilliput Or Chamberlain And The Beautiful Llama