Sculptor Spends 2 Years To Build Knife Angel Out Of 100,000 Weapons, However Government Rejects It
There’s a giant 26-foot-tall Knife Angel sculpture in the UK, constructed entirely out of 100,000 knives that were donated. But besides the remarkable numbers, it’s also a monument constructed out of dire necessity to remember the victims fallen to the rising knife violence in the United Kingdom and also to finally admit that there’s really a problem.
The angel’s founder, Alfie Radley, has spent two years designing and building the sculpture that features authorities donated knives that were actually utilized in violent crimes all over England and Wales, some of which even have the names of the victims engraved onto the blades. The rest arrived thanks to the aid of British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire, which initiated an amnesty program “Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife,” through which individuals can anonymously contribute their knives to the project.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Vietnamese Artist Creates Surreal Illustrations Of Animals and Cute Things in the Forest
- Emotional Celebrity Portraits By Marc Hom