Sculptor Spends 2 Years To Build Knife Angel Out Of 100,000 Weapons, However Government Rejects It
There’s a giant 26-foot-tall Knife Angel sculpture in the UK, constructed entirely out of 100,000 knives that were donated. But besides the remarkable numbers, it’s also a monument constructed out of dire necessity to remember the victims fallen to the rising knife violence in the United Kingdom and also to finally admit that there’s really a problem.
The angel’s founder, Alfie Radley, has spent two years designing and building the sculpture that features authorities donated knives that were actually utilized in violent crimes all over England and Wales, some of which even have the names of the victims engraved onto the blades. The rest arrived thanks to the aid of British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire, which initiated an amnesty program “Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife,” through which individuals can anonymously contribute their knives to the project.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Spencer Elden The Famous Nirvana Baby Recreates The Album Cover 25 Years Later
- Photographer Takes Delightful Fat Cat Pictures To Show Chubby Cats Are Adorable
- This Cambodian Artist Is Taking Doodling To Another Level
- #NotYourValentine: Controversial Brand Honey Birdette Lingerie Flashmob Takes To Sydney
- Photo Series Reveals How Our Facial Expressions Change When We Get Undressed