Sculptor Spends 2 Years To Build Knife Angel Out Of 100,000 Weapons, However Government Rejects It
There’s a giant 26-foot-tall Knife Angel sculpture in the UK, constructed entirely out of 100,000 knives that were donated. But besides the remarkable numbers, it’s also a monument constructed out of dire necessity to remember the victims fallen to the rising knife violence in the United Kingdom and also to finally admit that there’s really a problem.
The angel’s founder, Alfie Radley, has spent two years designing and building the sculpture that features authorities donated knives that were actually utilized in violent crimes all over England and Wales, some of which even have the names of the victims engraved onto the blades. The rest arrived thanks to the aid of British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire, which initiated an amnesty program “Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife,” through which individuals can anonymously contribute their knives to the project.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Inside A 1947 Boeing 377 Stratocruiser, The Largest And Fastest Aircraft In Commercial Service
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Incredible Photographs From The Construction Of The Forth Railway Bridge, A 19th Century Engineering Marvel
- The Superb Bizarre AR Artworks By Nikita Replyanski, A Technological Artist And Cyber Fashion Designer
- Stunning Photos From The Hair Freezing Contest Of Takhini Hot Springs
- An Authentic 16th Century Plague Doctor Mask Preserved And On Display At The German Museum Of Medical History
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends