Sculptor Spends 2 Years To Build Knife Angel Out Of 100,000 Weapons, However Government Rejects It
There’s a giant 26-foot-tall Knife Angel sculpture in the UK, constructed entirely out of 100,000 knives that were donated. But besides the remarkable numbers, it’s also a monument constructed out of dire necessity to remember the victims fallen to the rising knife violence in the United Kingdom and also to finally admit that there’s really a problem.
The angel’s founder, Alfie Radley, has spent two years designing and building the sculpture that features authorities donated knives that were actually utilized in violent crimes all over England and Wales, some of which even have the names of the victims engraved onto the blades. The rest arrived thanks to the aid of British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire, which initiated an amnesty program “Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife,” through which individuals can anonymously contribute their knives to the project.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- The ‘World’s Biggest’ War Diorama, A State-Funded Exhibition Recreates The Battlefields Of WWII In Brutal Detail
- Female Artists Are Being Completely Removed From Their Own Album Covers In Iran
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- Haunted Faces Of The World War One Brought To Life In Striking Colorized Images By Mario Unger
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Vintage Snapshots Of Freaky Halloween Costumes That Give You A Nightmare
- Pictures Of Russian Meteorologist That Spent 30 Years In The Loneliest Place On Earth