Sculptor Spends 2 Years To Build Knife Angel Out Of 100,000 Weapons, However Government Rejects It
There’s a giant 26-foot-tall Knife Angel sculpture in the UK, constructed entirely out of 100,000 knives that were donated. But besides the remarkable numbers, it’s also a monument constructed out of dire necessity to remember the victims fallen to the rising knife violence in the United Kingdom and also to finally admit that there’s really a problem.
The angel’s founder, Alfie Radley, has spent two years designing and building the sculpture that features authorities donated knives that were actually utilized in violent crimes all over England and Wales, some of which even have the names of the victims engraved onto the blades. The rest arrived thanks to the aid of British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire, which initiated an amnesty program “Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife,” through which individuals can anonymously contribute their knives to the project.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Bride-To-Be Invents IKEA Bag Hack To Pee Worry Free On Her Wedding Day
- Classic Rock And New Wave Songs Brilliantly Reimagined As Vintage Pulp Fiction Paperbacks
- Artist Documents The Best License Plates That People Have Spotted On Cars
- 45 Rare And Amazing Color Photographs Of Behind The Scenes From The Set Of ‘Alien’, 1979
- 19 Times People Took An Ordinary Photo And Got A Renaissance Masterpiece
- “104-Year-Old” Grandpa Expresses Himself With Timeless Style
- Stunning Rare Photos Of The Emperor Nicholas II Fooling Around With His Friends In 1899
- Brilliant Landscape Photography In Hawaii By Jason Wright
- “Dressed In Light”: Fine Art Photo Series By Dani Olivier
- Fantastic Digital Art & Photo Manipulations By Cristian Girotto