“Grave Of Thrones”: Here’s An Epic Graveyard To Mourn ‘Game Of Thrones’ Deaths In Latest Experiential Campaign
To commemorate the highly anticipated eighth and final season of Game of Thrones, DDB Sydney and Foxtel have built a 2000 square metre graveyard that pays tribute to the bloodshed and more than a hundred thousand individual deaths over the past seven seasons.
The ‘Grave of Thones’, situated inside Centennial Park in Sydney from April 12 – 14, was designed by DDB Sydney and built in a collaborative effort from Revolver/Will O’Rourke and The Glue Society.
The final resting place is designed as a place for GoT fans to reflect on the deaths of the show’s most iconic faces, as the show prepares to reach its epic conclusion.
It features more than 30 gravestones, including two grand family mausoleums housing the deceased members of House Stark and House Baratheon and the headstones of some of Game of Thrones’ most infamous characters, including Joffrey Lannister, Ramsay Bolton, Khal Drogo, Tywin Lannister, Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell.
Every single grave has been created in staggering detail, closely referencing the lives and deaths of the characters featured, including Hodor’s headstone which honours one of the show’s most loved characters and depicts his tragic death at the exit of a cave.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- 15 Exquisite Illustrations Which Sum Up Perfectly How Much We Love Our Pets
- This Artist Creates Baroque And Gothic Wall Mounts Out Of Taxidermied Spiders
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs