“The Lady Of Dreams”: Surreal Vintage Photo Collages From The No-Photoshop Era By Grete Stern
It is no news that women have historically found it harder to develop themselves as professionals in diverse male-dominated work environments. This is even truer in the case of female artists in the 1930s: Stern had to struggle against all imaginable and unimaginable odds, in order to become one of the pioneers of modern photography in Argentina and a referent of protest art in the world.
When German artist Grete Stern and Argentine photographer Horacio Coppola met at the Bauhaus in Berlin in 1932, Coppola had already made incursions into photography and film while Stern had done the same with typography and graphic design experiments. They became a well-known couple within the intellectual scene of Berlin, but when the Nazi party began to gain power, they departed for London, where they married, and later arrived in Argentina.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- “The Struggle For Utopia”: Everyday Soviet Life In Magnificent Photos By Semyon Friedland
- Remarkable Photos Of Manhattan By Berenice Abbott From 1935
- Hammond Fever! Vintage Sexy And NSFW Hammond Organ Album Covers
- Concept Artist Paul Chadeisson Reveals His Sinister And Industrialised Vision Of The Cities’ Futures
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- “Neon Dreams”: Photographer Matthieu Bühler Explores The Streets Of Tokyo At Night
- The Super Hot And Humorous 2018 New York City Taxi Drivers Calendar Is Here!
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- Russian Artist Makes Beautiful Space Themed Calendar For The Year 2018
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Graceful Dancers Practicing Out In The City Streets Captured By Melika Dez
- Architect Carlo Mollino’s Secret Stash Of NSFW Erotic Polaroids
- This ‘Swim Reaper’ Instagram Account Is Absolute Gold
- Satirical NSFW Illustrations Of Today’s Problems By Gunduz Agayev
- Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Movies And TV Shows Were Made In Real Life
- A Built-In Dog Bed Was Created In This Living Room Wall
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- Artist Aditya Aryanto Continues To Transform Animals Into Geometric Shapes – Meet Animal Balls!
- Colorful Concept Artworks By Kaloyan Stoyanov