Germany After The World War II In Photographs By Josef Heinrich Darchinger
Germany after the war 1952 – 1967 It was no more than eight years after the surrender of the Nazi government when Josef Heinrich Darchinger set out on his photographic journey through the West of a divided Germany.
The bombs of World War II had reduced the country’s major cities to deserts of rubble. Yet his pictures show scarcely any signs of the downfall of a civilization. Not that the photographer was manipulating the evidence: he simply recorded what he saw. At the time, a New York travel agency was advertising the last opportunity to go and visit the remaining bomb sites.
Darchinger’s pictures, in color and black-and-white, show a country in a fever of reconstruction. The economic boom was so incredible that the whole world spoke of an “economic miracle.” The people who achieved it, in contrast, look down-to-earth, unassuming, conscientious, and diligent. And increasingly, they look like strangers in the world they have created.
More info: Amazon
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- Offensive Plates To Insult Your Guests With Class
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Joel Meyerowitz – The Master Of Street Photography
- Glamour And Art Nude Photography By The Belarusian Photographer Juri Sergeyev
- Twisted & Satirical Pop Culture Characters By Dan LuVisi
- “I’m Not Expecting You To Fully Understand Me”: The Intimate Artworks Of Tomona Matsukawa
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Artist Joe Webb Creates Cynical And Shocking Collages That Tell The Uncomfortable Truth About Our Modern World
- Daredevil Photographer And A Storm Chaser Captures Stunning Pictures Of Natural Disasters
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- Creepy And Dark Photography Of Nona Limmen, Covered With Goth, Fantasy And Metamorphosis
- A Humorous Collection Of Photos Of Funny And Adorable Cats As They Play With Catnip By Andrew Marttila
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!