Germany After The World War II In Photographs By Josef Heinrich Darchinger
Germany after the war 1952 – 1967 It was no more than eight years after the surrender of the Nazi government when Josef Heinrich Darchinger set out on his photographic journey through the West of a divided Germany.
The bombs of World War II had reduced the country’s major cities to deserts of rubble. Yet his pictures show scarcely any signs of the downfall of a civilization. Not that the photographer was manipulating the evidence: he simply recorded what he saw. At the time, a New York travel agency was advertising the last opportunity to go and visit the remaining bomb sites.
Darchinger’s pictures, in color and black-and-white, show a country in a fever of reconstruction. The economic boom was so incredible that the whole world spoke of an “economic miracle.” The people who achieved it, in contrast, look down-to-earth, unassuming, conscientious, and diligent. And increasingly, they look like strangers in the world they have created.
More info: Amazon
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- Professional Russian Photographer Pavel Kiselev Captures Sensual NSFW Female Pictures
- “The Memories Of The Future”: Photographer Nuno Assis Captures Fantastic Photos Of Hong Kong
- “WC For Architects”: Old Toilet Wall Decorated With Photos Of Windows From The Neighbourhood
- “From Russia With Love”: NSFW & Beauty Female Photography By Tatiana Mertsalova
- Marvelous Female Portrait Photography by Kai Böttcher
- Oceanco Debuts Unique 115-Meter-Long Megayacht That Will Truly Sail You In Style
- Photographer Recreates Famous Portraits With John Malkovich As His Model
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- An Illustrator Imagined What Would Things Say If They Could Talk
- Conceptual Photography And Self-Portraits By Marina Choy
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- How A Heart Attack Changed Artist Alex Garant’s Life
- Gorgeous Beachwear And Lingerie Photography By Bonnie Cee
- Arresting Illustrations With Pleasing Textures And Details By Eva Bee
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner