Single Dad Illustrates What It’s Like To Raise A Child, And It’ll Melt Your Heart
Forgive me for the cliché, but children do grow up so fast. And parents usually document their precious moments by taking pictures or shooting video, but one single dad from Taiwan has his own method of making sure he remembers what it’s like raising his boy.
To capture the joys and difficulties of parenting he faces every day, Lan Shengjie (aka BLUE) is illustrating them. “I have been working as a freelance artist since 1999,” BLUE told Bored Panda. “I started this series after right after my child was born in 2014.” Recently, Sharp Point Press has even published it.
“When you have a kid, a lot of things happen unexpectedly. However, as I started drawing the surprising moments we shared, I didn’t think they would get such a huge positive response.”
BLUE said he’s usually rushing through the illustrations since he’s always taking care of his boy. “I hope that my child can grow up in a safe and healthy environment,” he added. “I worry about him becoming a hooligan or anything else that can go wrong along the way. That’s why I always try to accompany him as he’s growing up and help him when I can.”
- Gorgeous Beauty And Lifestyle Female Portraits By Nathan Lobato
- Gibson Girls: The Sexiest Women Of All Time
- Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
- “Goodbye, Diesel Train”: This Brutal Soviet Bad Boy Has Been Destroyed In Estonia
- Beautiful Feminine Photo Portraits By The Russian Fashion Photographer Svetlana Belyaeva
- “Small Town Noir” – Twenty-One ’30s And ’40s Mugshots From New Castle, Pennsylvania
- Anti-Coyote Vests For Dogs Are More Punk Rock Than You’d Expect
- New Light Sculpture By Design Bridge And Gali May Lucas Highlights Our Obsession With Staring At Screen
- Photos Proving Winter Is Here
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise