The Saints Wear White: Artist Pays Homage To Chinese Medical Workers With Chapel Mural In Hubei Province
With the outbreak and spread of coronavirus dominating news headlines across the globe, designer Duyi Han decided to pay tribute to the medical workers who are risking their lives to help those in need. The project sees the walls and ceilings of a historic church in China’s Hubei province – where the epidemic began – transformed into a large mural depicting figures dressed in white decontamination suits.
Dubbed ‘The Saints Wear White’, the project by han takes inspiration from the traditional style of church paintings and frescos. However, instead of illustrating biblical scenes of saints or deities, the mural shows the everyday medical workers who are selflessly putting themselves at the front line of the virus.
Covered by masks, gloves and full-body suits, the work pays homage to the anonymous doctors and nurses who are crucial in aiding those infected with coronavirus.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Rare Photos Of Melania Trump As A Model At 16-Years-Old In Slovenia
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends
- Japanese Artist Turns Awkward Animal Photos Into Beautiful Sculptures
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Stunning Photos From The Bosch Parade, The Sailing Parade In The Spirit Of Jheronimus Bosch
- Walmart Keeps Posting Pictures of This Employee Posing With Stuff, She Goes Viral