This Artist Is Here To “Confuse Your Brain” With Surreal Photo Art
Artist Monica Carvalho is here to “confuse your brain.”
In a series Carvalho uploads to Instagram, the artist bends reality as we know it to create surreal photos viewers will want to stare at all day long. In one image, for example, Carvalho’s work shows a hand grasping at a human eye, ever-so-slightly pulling it from its socket. “Eye got you,” it’s titled.
The edits are all produced using Photoshop, Carvalho explains on Bored Panda. Moreover, they’re all made with her own original photography — no stock images required.
“In my inspiration process, I try to find similarities between photos in terms of color, texture and shape. For example, two mountain peaks I shot in Greece reminded me of an upper lip; a path in Oxford had the same color as my skin; a pouch zip evoked eyelashes,” Carvalho writes. “Other times I also like playing with sizes — my miniature friends ‘buried’ in my hand; the Empire State Building turned into a giant candle.”
- Google Street Images And Street View Scenes From Slavic Countries
- Artist Imagines What Russian Skies Would Look If They Were In 8-Bit
- Debbie Harry Photographed By Chris Stein For Punk Magazine Centerfold Shoot In 1976
- The World’s Greatest Gallery Of Seductive Carrots
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise
- Stunning Color Photographs Capture Daily Life In Poland In The Early 1980s
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- A Restored Chevrolet Impala In Moscow, Russia
- Pants For Men Only – Penis Pants By Eldridge Cleaver In The 1970s
- These Craftsmen Are Making Stunning Furniture And Art Objects Out Of Parts Of The Soviet And Russian Airplanes And Helicopters