Artist Remixed Iconic Logos With The Word “Fart” As A Father’s Day Surprise For His Dad, A Former Sign Maker
According to an artist: “Life is better with laughter! An ode to my dear dad, a sign maker who has wisely said…”You Know You Are Old, When Farts Are No Longer Funny!” As a silly surprise for him, this “Farter’s Day” aka “Father’s day – I remixed 99 iconic logos with the word Fart.
Captioned with the companies slogan or mission statement it can really change the whole company hilariously! My fun-loving dad was a sign maker for many many years before he had to retire due to MS. He worked in many shops, freelanced, and turned our dining room into a sign shop when he opened his own business.
We all had a good laugh over them and hope you do too! You can see the entire project on the Instagram link.
My dad emailed a funny response to the project that I will close with…
“These are Fartlarious!
In the one and only book I ever read on Writing for Humour by Sid Caesar, his opening preface page had this great quote from him:
“Nobody really knows how to be funny, but some people and some situations just are funny. But why is this so? For me, as a comedy writer for over forty years, it has always boiled down to this one human truth about what makes people smile: When somebody farts, somebody laughs!
If that isn’t true, then why are you smiling right now?”
Cheers to art & farts!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Creates Brilliant Comics For People Who Like Dark Humor
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Low Resolution Pets Behind Pixelated Glass Doors
- An Incredibly Effective Way To Develop Your Child’s Math Skills With LEGO Blocks