A Couple Of Nerds Got 36 iMac Boxes And Made An iWheel
This is what happens when you have a boring ass job.
It all started with 36 cardboard boxes, a few rolls of packing tape and one big idea. For more than a year, systems administrator Mike Campadore had been stashing away iMac boxes whenever the university ordered new computers, noting that the slightly angled shape of the boxes could create a giant wheel if he collected enough of them. He thought it might make a fun toy for his daughter. The result, however, was something no one expected – a viral photo and video that would reach millions around the world.
It all started inconspicuously enough when, on a sunny Friday afternoon in July, Campadore asked IT coworker Rich Bass to help him complete the wheel and the two rolled it out on the quad for a spin. A photo shared by the university marketing department on Facebook quickly found its way to Reddit, Imgur, Tumblr and Twitter, where it went viral, viewed more than 3 million times within hours.
The “iWheel” weighs 120 pounds and was initially just a photo. Then when the Internet caught wind of what was going down, they demanded to see a video:
Soon Photoshop hobbyists began inserting what became known as the “iWheel” into a variety of scenarios, from running with the bulls to scenes from movies like Ben-Hur and Interstellar:
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
- Superheroes Reimagined With Realistic Body Types
- Photographer Took Photos Of Strangers In The 1970s, And When 20 Years Passed, He Set Out To Find Them Again
- Artist Illustrates The Most Famous Funny Cat Memes In Her Watercatlor Series
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- Realistic Pig’s Feet Pillow: The Weirdest Thing On Amazon
- “Blackest Paint Colored Brush”: Suerb Horror, Fantasy And Sci-Fi Drawings Of Christopher Lovell
- Famous Brands Get A Logo Makeover By A Canadian Artist To Better Reflect Their Brand Philosophy
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Samer Khouzami’s Ultimate Beauty Makeup