“Back To The Future”: A Retro Hi Fi In A Dark & Cozy Man Cave
Retro 1960s Hi Fi stereo equipment and mid century modern furniture– great old Tulip table.
“Listening to music properly has a lot to do with having the right environment. A place that’s all your own. I like the warm glow from the perfect level of indirect, low lighting. I want to be surrounded by my favorite things to look at. And I long for seating that you just melt into and disappear in. And another thing– I love my iPod as much as the next guy– but sometimes there are those moments when you need to break out the turntable and throw on some old records. The warm hiss and crackle of needle on vinyl is like hearing your mother’s voice in the womb. Which is what a man cave really is– a dark, personal, intimate womb.
When we first moved to New Jersey, we bought a great old Dutch Colonial home previously owned by an Italian family– the guy’s name was Nick. The basement he built-out was the clincher. It was like a retro 60s gentleman’s club– red and black lacquer paneled walls, mirrors, a full bar with turntable, and even a pool table which they were good enough to leave behind. I’ll never forget the two framed portraits hanging side by side behind the bar– The Pope & Frank Sinatra. Welcome to Jersey– I loved it. I spent many an evening down there with lights down low, the sound of billiard balls slamming hard into a corner pocket, always perfect tunes in the background, and a cold one. Now I’m in a house with no man cave and going insane…”
Cozy retro man cave w/ Eames chair, animal hide rug, art, books & hi fi – Done.
1960s retro bachelor pad w/ cozy conversation pit.
1960s retro bachelor bedroom.
Retro bubble stereo.
Retro turntable ad and shagadelic seating.
Retro modern modular pad.
The ultimate modern shagedelic master bathroom with awesome niches. So Lenny Kravitz circa 2000.
Retro modern music den.
1970s retro bachelor pad – someone’s a real pimp.
Retro modern organic conversation pit.
Retro modern man cave with a very eclectic mix of world clocks, maps, fishing rods, and modern pieces.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- This Artist Uses Her Face As A Canvas
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Artist Illustrates How Doing Anything Is Much Better When There Are Animals Around
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- British Artist Justin Bateman Creates Intricate Art Using Pebbles
- Artist Creates Fantastic Surreal Edits Using Animals, Plants, People, And Objects