Artist Turns Her Hair Into Incredible Sculptures
We all know the feeling of going to bed with wet hair and waking up with something that belongs in the unconventional contemporary art collection. And although it might look fun, we spend time and effort to get rid of that masterpiece before we go out in public. Ivorian artist and fashion designer Laetitia Ky (previously) does completely the opposite – she takes hair art to another level and embraces it like no one else.
The self-proclaimed polyvalent artist and activist uses hair as a medium to implement her creative ideas and convey her beliefs. This 22-year-old’s intricate and somewhat gravity-defying hair sculptures masterfully designed on her own head are not only a source of entertainment to 167k followers on Instagram, but an efficient tool of spreading powerful messages of self-love, tolerance, equality and speaking out her mind about politics and social issues. Each hair sculpture is brought to life using hair extensions, needle, fabric, wire, wool and it takes between 20 minutes to 2 hours to complete.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- When Your Cat Meows, And You Meow Back…
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office
- Really Triggering Floor Designs That Will Annoy The Perfectionist In You
- The Isolator: This Insane Anti-Distraction Helmet From 1925 Would Fit Into Any Modern Open Office
- Bizarre Vintage Photos Of Steam Engines After A Boiler Explosion From The Late 19th And Early 20th Centuries
- How-To Survive A Deadly Global Virus: Visual Guide Wth A Style & Twist
- Adorable Moment Baby Bear Cubs Grasp Paws and Dance Joyfully in a Circle
- The Last Day For Tomorrow Future: Absolutely Amazing Digital Artworks Of Bryn Jones
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho