Artist Turns Her Hair Into Incredible Sculptures
We all know the feeling of going to bed with wet hair and waking up with something that belongs in the unconventional contemporary art collection. And although it might look fun, we spend time and effort to get rid of that masterpiece before we go out in public. Ivorian artist and fashion designer Laetitia Ky (previously) does completely the opposite – she takes hair art to another level and embraces it like no one else.
The self-proclaimed polyvalent artist and activist uses hair as a medium to implement her creative ideas and convey her beliefs. This 22-year-old’s intricate and somewhat gravity-defying hair sculptures masterfully designed on her own head are not only a source of entertainment to 167k followers on Instagram, but an efficient tool of spreading powerful messages of self-love, tolerance, equality and speaking out her mind about politics and social issues. Each hair sculpture is brought to life using hair extensions, needle, fabric, wire, wool and it takes between 20 minutes to 2 hours to complete.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 9 Painfully True SEX-Pectations Vs Reality
- Beautiful Photographs By Brock Elbank In Tribute To Freckles
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Japanese Illustrator Imagines A World Where Humans Live Among Giant Animals
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- Layered 3D Sculpture Came To Life Using Customized Facebook 3D Photo
- Artist Imagines Spilled Coffee As Monsters