Artist Turns Her Hair Into Incredible Sculptures
We all know the feeling of going to bed with wet hair and waking up with something that belongs in the unconventional contemporary art collection. And although it might look fun, we spend time and effort to get rid of that masterpiece before we go out in public. Ivorian artist and fashion designer Laetitia Ky (previously) does completely the opposite – she takes hair art to another level and embraces it like no one else.
The self-proclaimed polyvalent artist and activist uses hair as a medium to implement her creative ideas and convey her beliefs. This 22-year-old’s intricate and somewhat gravity-defying hair sculptures masterfully designed on her own head are not only a source of entertainment to 167k followers on Instagram, but an efficient tool of spreading powerful messages of self-love, tolerance, equality and speaking out her mind about politics and social issues. Each hair sculpture is brought to life using hair extensions, needle, fabric, wire, wool and it takes between 20 minutes to 2 hours to complete.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- These 3-D Portraits Were Created Using Only A Person’s DNA
- Urban Explorer Visits Abandoned Japanese Love Motel Of Naughty Attractions
- Siberian Farm Cats Are Waiting For Spring To Come In Marvelous Photos By Alla Lebedeva
- 40-Foot Studebaker President: The World’s Biggest Passenger Car
- Emergency Workers From Around The Globe Take Part In The ‘Tetris Challenge’!
- Summer Beach Knife Oil Paintings By Alena Shymchonak
- Breathtaking Wildlife Macro Photography In The Borneo Rainforest By Chien C. Lee
- This Bizarre Japanese Temple Looks Like A Fallen Intergalactic Starship
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival