Artist Turns Her Hair Into Incredible Sculptures
We all know the feeling of going to bed with wet hair and waking up with something that belongs in the unconventional contemporary art collection. And although it might look fun, we spend time and effort to get rid of that masterpiece before we go out in public. Ivorian artist and fashion designer Laetitia Ky (previously) does completely the opposite – she takes hair art to another level and embraces it like no one else.
The self-proclaimed polyvalent artist and activist uses hair as a medium to implement her creative ideas and convey her beliefs. This 22-year-old’s intricate and somewhat gravity-defying hair sculptures masterfully designed on her own head are not only a source of entertainment to 167k followers on Instagram, but an efficient tool of spreading powerful messages of self-love, tolerance, equality and speaking out her mind about politics and social issues. Each hair sculpture is brought to life using hair extensions, needle, fabric, wire, wool and it takes between 20 minutes to 2 hours to complete.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Panoramic Photos That Went Horribly Wrong
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- “Youth Gone Wild”: Stunning Photos Of The Russian Underground Dance Culture
- The Sky Swimming Pool At This Hotel Has A Window In It
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Japanese Photographer Captures Very Sad Stray Cats And Their Games
- This Man And His Cat Recreate Famous Movie Scenes And It’s Amazing!