Artist Turns Her Hair Into Incredible Sculptures
We all know the feeling of going to bed with wet hair and waking up with something that belongs in the unconventional contemporary art collection. And although it might look fun, we spend time and effort to get rid of that masterpiece before we go out in public. Ivorian artist and fashion designer Laetitia Ky (previously) does completely the opposite – she takes hair art to another level and embraces it like no one else.
The self-proclaimed polyvalent artist and activist uses hair as a medium to implement her creative ideas and convey her beliefs. This 22-year-old’s intricate and somewhat gravity-defying hair sculptures masterfully designed on her own head are not only a source of entertainment to 167k followers on Instagram, but an efficient tool of spreading powerful messages of self-love, tolerance, equality and speaking out her mind about politics and social issues. Each hair sculpture is brought to life using hair extensions, needle, fabric, wire, wool and it takes between 20 minutes to 2 hours to complete.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism
- The Most Impressive Photos From The Ocean Photography Awards 2021 Finalists
- Artist Jim Bachor Fills Potholes With Funny Mosaics
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- “Shadows”: The Superb Cinematic, Dark and Melancholic Photoworks of Kaiwan Shaban
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- Funny Animal Pics That Just Don’t Make Any Sense, As Shared On This Instagram Account
- 35 Entrances, 3708 Apartments: Welcome to the Russian Kowloon Walled City!
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s