“Beauty Warriors”: Fine Art Portrait Photography By Evija Laiviņa And Her Powerful Message For Our Society
Facial Tattoo Measurement Tool
The series “Beauty Warriors” is collection of photographs featuring strange and unusual-looking beauty products. All the products were bought on Ebay, and most items were made in China. These products promise instant cures to almost all beauty problems; they fight “problem zones” and promise to cure problems without surgical intervention. Each item visually appeals to me and I tried to show the relationship between beauty product and model.
Evija Laiviņa is a talented self-taught 39-year-old Latvian photographer and contemporary artist currently based in Scotland. Evija received her first camera as a gift from her mother in 2007, and she quickly developed a passion for photography. Very soon she was captivated by possibilities expressing herself in photography.
Relaxing Gel Beads Mask
The artist tries to remind us how often we forget about the importance of inner beauty and how rules about perfect look and perfection, in general, are ridiculous. Our society dictates a lot of mindless trends and creates absurd beauty standards but the important thing is that we don’t have to follow those and that is Laivina’s message.
Anti-Double Chin Bandage
Face Massage Tool
Anti Wrinkle Mask
Gold Face Mask
Abdominal Breathing Exerciser
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream
- The Brilliant, Provocative Trump Ad That Had Cannes And Social Media Buzzing
- Fight Like A Gentleman: The Art Of Self Defense, ca. 1940s