Melania Trump Wooden Statue Unveiled Close To Her Hometown In Slovenia
A life-size wooden statue of US first lady Melania Trump has been unveiled in her birth country of Slovenia, but not everyone is pleased with it. The sculpture was erected next to the Sava River in the village of Rozno, around 8km from Mrs Trump’s hometown of Sevnica.
It was commissioned by Brad Downey, a Berlin-based American artist, and sculpted with a chainsaw by local folk artist Ales Zupevc.
Mr Downey already has an exhibition in the capital Ljubljana, which explores the first lady’s Slovenian heritage, and this new piece serves as an accompaniment to it.
Although the statue is dressed in the pale blue wraparound coat that Mrs Trump wore at her husband’s inauguration as US president, it appears to show very little likeness to the first lady – promoting some criticism from locals.
One resident said: “It doesn’t look anything like Melania… It’s a Smurfette.”
Another said: “It’s not okay. It’s a disgrace. That’s what I have to say.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Polish Artist Creates 27 Controversial Illustrations For Political Magazine
- Artist Illustrates The Most Famous Funny Cat Memes In Her Watercatlor Series
- Photographer Took Photos Of Strangers In The 1970s, And When 20 Years Passed, He Set Out To Find Them Again
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Famous Brands Get A Logo Makeover By A Canadian Artist To Better Reflect Their Brand Philosophy
- “Blackest Paint Colored Brush”: Suerb Horror, Fantasy And Sci-Fi Drawings Of Christopher Lovell
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
- Urban Explorer Visits Abandoned Japanese Love Motel Of Naughty Attractions
- Stunning Sand Sculptures By Artist JOOHeng Tan