Melania Trump Wooden Statue Unveiled Close To Her Hometown In Slovenia
A life-size wooden statue of US first lady Melania Trump has been unveiled in her birth country of Slovenia, but not everyone is pleased with it. The sculpture was erected next to the Sava River in the village of Rozno, around 8km from Mrs Trump’s hometown of Sevnica.
It was commissioned by Brad Downey, a Berlin-based American artist, and sculpted with a chainsaw by local folk artist Ales Zupevc.
Mr Downey already has an exhibition in the capital Ljubljana, which explores the first lady’s Slovenian heritage, and this new piece serves as an accompaniment to it.
Although the statue is dressed in the pale blue wraparound coat that Mrs Trump wore at her husband’s inauguration as US president, it appears to show very little likeness to the first lady – promoting some criticism from locals.
One resident said: “It doesn’t look anything like Melania… It’s a Smurfette.”
Another said: “It’s not okay. It’s a disgrace. That’s what I have to say.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- Portrait Series Of Immigrants Restages And Signifies The Importance Of African Settlers In Europe Throughout History And Present Day
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Incredible Hyperrealistic Pencil Drawings By Jésus Moròn
- Strange Things Behind Belgian Windows
- This Restaurant In Bangkok Uses Cartoon Dragon Dolls As Space Keepers For Social Distancing
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The Biggest Anamorphic Illusion In The World Has Been Successfully Revealed On The Largest Outdoor Advertising Screen In South Korea
- Bizarre Photos Of Rarely Seen Places And Structures Captured With A Drone Offering A New Perspective Of Our Beautiful Planet