Melania Trump Wooden Statue Unveiled Close To Her Hometown In Slovenia
A life-size wooden statue of US first lady Melania Trump has been unveiled in her birth country of Slovenia, but not everyone is pleased with it. The sculpture was erected next to the Sava River in the village of Rozno, around 8km from Mrs Trump’s hometown of Sevnica.
It was commissioned by Brad Downey, a Berlin-based American artist, and sculpted with a chainsaw by local folk artist Ales Zupevc.
Mr Downey already has an exhibition in the capital Ljubljana, which explores the first lady’s Slovenian heritage, and this new piece serves as an accompaniment to it.
Although the statue is dressed in the pale blue wraparound coat that Mrs Trump wore at her husband’s inauguration as US president, it appears to show very little likeness to the first lady – promoting some criticism from locals.
One resident said: “It doesn’t look anything like Melania… It’s a Smurfette.”
Another said: “It’s not okay. It’s a disgrace. That’s what I have to say.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- A Photographer Takes Photos Of Toys That Are So Epic, They Can Outshine Any Blockbuster Movie Shot
- Polish Artist Designs Shoсking Ads Of Major Companies That Show The Harsh Reality
- Apocalyptic Pictures Of The Mysterious Abandoned Airport Located In Indian Desert
- This Japanese-Made Sleeping Cat Sand Sculpture Molds Turn The World Into Feline Heaven
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations