This Modular Spiral Staircase Wraps Trees For Climbing
CanopyStair is a modular system of steps that can be attached without tools to form a spiral staircase around a tree trunk, allowing one to walk up into the canopy above. Lightweight and quick to assemble, the CanopyStair has been carefully designed not to damage or mark the tree in any way.
CanopyStair was conceived last year when designers Robert McIntyre and Thor ter Kulve spent time in the Azores. Though the house where they were staying was near the seashore, a tall stone wall that surrounded the house cut off any view of it. Only by climbing a tree in the garden could they watch the sun setting across the ocean, and so they began to discuss ways of transforming a garden tree into a staircase, thus allowing them to walk and up and down easily and enjoy the view.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Photographer Creates Surreal & Minimalist Self-Portraits Surrounded By Flowers And Fruits
- Want to Take Your Pet Fish for a Walk? There’s a Bag for That!
- “Haunted Beauty”: Mysteriously Bizarre Photo and Art Works of Natalie Shau
- “Love in Plexiglass”: The Superb Concept and 3D Cyberpunk Artworks of Darius Puia
- “The Shards of Triptych. Observable Universes”: The Collection of Creative Visualization by Sergey Maslov
- Indonesian Man Creates a ‘Bionic Arm’ from Scrap Metal
- Graphic Art Between Renaissance And Modernity
- Designer Lydia Cambron Transforms Brand Logos into Protest Messages
- The Metamorphosis: Depressive And Dark Paintings By The Artist Anton Semenov
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers