This Modular Spiral Staircase Wraps Trees For Climbing
CanopyStair is a modular system of steps that can be attached without tools to form a spiral staircase around a tree trunk, allowing one to walk up into the canopy above. Lightweight and quick to assemble, the CanopyStair has been carefully designed not to damage or mark the tree in any way.
CanopyStair was conceived last year when designers Robert McIntyre and Thor ter Kulve spent time in the Azores. Though the house where they were staying was near the seashore, a tall stone wall that surrounded the house cut off any view of it. Only by climbing a tree in the garden could they watch the sun setting across the ocean, and so they began to discuss ways of transforming a garden tree into a staircase, thus allowing them to walk and up and down easily and enjoy the view.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Abandoned Hotels In The Egyptian Desert May As Well Be On Another Planet
- “Animal Soul”: Beautiful Portraits Of The Bad-Ass Cats By Robert Bahou
- 30 Times People Accidentally Created Art
- “Electric Dreams”: Amazing Portraits Of ’80s Geeks
- Sad Animal Facts Are The Cutest Way To Ruin Your Day
- A Sweet Little Photo Story Proving That True Love That Knows No Bounds
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Remarkable Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Budweiser Adapts Its Sexist Ads From The 50s And 60s To 2019