This Modular Spiral Staircase Wraps Trees For Climbing
CanopyStair is a modular system of steps that can be attached without tools to form a spiral staircase around a tree trunk, allowing one to walk up into the canopy above. Lightweight and quick to assemble, the CanopyStair has been carefully designed not to damage or mark the tree in any way.
CanopyStair was conceived last year when designers Robert McIntyre and Thor ter Kulve spent time in the Azores. Though the house where they were staying was near the seashore, a tall stone wall that surrounded the house cut off any view of it. Only by climbing a tree in the garden could they watch the sun setting across the ocean, and so they began to discuss ways of transforming a garden tree into a staircase, thus allowing them to walk and up and down easily and enjoy the view.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- What Art Icons Would Look Like In Today’s Society
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- What a Dick: The Porniest Grave in Paris’s Père Lachaise Cemetery
- Cyberpunk Street Photos In Hong Kong By Andy Knives
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- Adorable Lizard Uses Blossoming Rose as a Comfy Bed
- Teacher Shares Photos Of A Backpack A Father Made For His Son Because He Wanted To Save Money
- Nothing More Inspiring than Disney Princesses as Hotdogs
- 1964 General Motors Bison Concept: The Future Looked So Awesome!
- Photographer Angelica Dass Matches Skin Tones with Pantone Colors