This Modular Spiral Staircase Wraps Trees For Climbing
CanopyStair is a modular system of steps that can be attached without tools to form a spiral staircase around a tree trunk, allowing one to walk up into the canopy above. Lightweight and quick to assemble, the CanopyStair has been carefully designed not to damage or mark the tree in any way.
CanopyStair was conceived last year when designers Robert McIntyre and Thor ter Kulve spent time in the Azores. Though the house where they were staying was near the seashore, a tall stone wall that surrounded the house cut off any view of it. Only by climbing a tree in the garden could they watch the sun setting across the ocean, and so they began to discuss ways of transforming a garden tree into a staircase, thus allowing them to walk and up and down easily and enjoy the view.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- Guy Sucks At Photoshop, Spends 10 Years Mastering Microsoft Paint To Illustrate His Book
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- A Flash Drive Made To Look Like You’re Storing Data On A Fish’s Brain
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager
- Someone Created An Instagram For A Soup Ladle And Its More Than 67K Followers Can’t Get Enough Of Its Adventures
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of The Discovery Of The Tutankhamun’s Tomb In The 1920s