Artist Creates Impressive Sculptures From Marble That Look Surprisingly Light
Edinburgh-based artist Alasdair Thomson sculpts artworks of our everyday items that do not seem very heavy at the first glance. But his ongoing interest in the subject of drapery and in the way that it hangs and folds results in these precise marble sculptures, and it’s hard to believe they are made of stone.
This Italian-trained sculptor mastered the carving of large-scale sculptures as well as other elements of decorative stonework. In his amazingly detailed artworks, he portrays the gracefulness of flowing fabric by sculpting light objects like dresses, skirts, or other items of clothing.
- Stefan Koidl Continues To Create Spooky Illustrations, And You Shouldn’t Click If You’re Easily Frightened
- Serbian Photographer Exposes Stunning Photos Of Daily Life In Moscow, Russia You’ve Never Seen Before
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Someone In Colorado Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever
- Natalia Fabia Paints Seductive And Sparkling Women
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Albania’s Graveyard Of Soviet-Era MiGs
- Spectacular Detailed Pixel Art Illustrations By Octavi Navarro
- “Rust In Peace”: Bizarre Soviet-Era Cars Fill Russian Mechanic’s Field
- “Lost In The Dark And Then Gone”: Atmospheric Photography Inspired By Nature And Dreams