Artist Creates Impressive Sculptures From Marble That Look Surprisingly Light
Edinburgh-based artist Alasdair Thomson sculpts artworks of our everyday items that do not seem very heavy at the first glance. But his ongoing interest in the subject of drapery and in the way that it hangs and folds results in these precise marble sculptures, and it’s hard to believe they are made of stone.
This Italian-trained sculptor mastered the carving of large-scale sculptures as well as other elements of decorative stonework. In his amazingly detailed artworks, he portrays the gracefulness of flowing fabric by sculpting light objects like dresses, skirts, or other items of clothing.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Artist Creates Brilliant Comics For People Who Like Dark Humor
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Low Resolution Pets Behind Pixelated Glass Doors
- Fascinating Vintage Photographs of Dutch Men In Traditional Volendam Worker Pants
- Back When the Rotor Rides Were Fun and Dangerous!