Japanese Plastic Food Samples That Look So Real, But Too Artistic To Eat
An octopus cooking up some takoyaki
Anyone who has ever traveled in Japan without knowing much of the language can appreciate the abundance of beautifully crafted plastic food samples placed outside of restaurants. It’s a great convenience for foreign visitors, and even if you know the language it gives you an immediate idea of what a shop has to offer.
While every so often, you can catch a special on Japanese television detailing just how much hard work and effort the makers of these plastic food samples put into their craft, that doesn’t mean they aren’t above having some fun with it. Iwasaki-be-I, Japan’s top plastic food sample maker, held a contest within their company to show off the creativity of their employees.
Cucumbers and kiwis that become one another
Ukiyo-e ice cream
A salmon giving you some “fresh” eggs
Look up in the sky, it’s a bird, it’s a pie, it’s…both!
Fresh beer and melon soda
Fruit juice straight from the source
Pasta tennis racket
Carrots bathing in beef stew
An octopus chilling in takowasa (octopus and wasabi)
Fish that look too real
Painting with mandarin oranges
An artistic tomato explosion
A beetle making the ultimate sacrifice for your Christmas present
A literal kabedon!
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Photographer Spent 3 Weeks In Japan And Captured Cyberpunk And Noir Film Inspired Photographs
- Alice In Wonderland Re-Imagined With Japanese Artwork: Gorgeous Watercolor
- Breathtaking Ballet Photography By Nisian Hughes
- Hilarious Drawings Of Celebrities Slapping Trump
- An Artist Pranked People By Leaving Life-Sized Airpods Stickers On The Ground All Over San Francisco
- Hilariously Threatening Warning Signs
- Send-Ups Of Pop Culture And Capitalism Hidden In Retail Stores By Obvious Plant
- Paolo Di Paolo Captured Spectacular Photos Of Italy In The 1950s And 60s
- Artist Illustrates Monsters Coming Out Of People’s Phones Because We Stare At Them Too Much
- Coloring For Grown-Ups: The Adult Activity Book