Japanese Plastic Food Samples That Look So Real, But Too Artistic To Eat
An octopus cooking up some takoyaki
Anyone who has ever traveled in Japan without knowing much of the language can appreciate the abundance of beautifully crafted plastic food samples placed outside of restaurants. It’s a great convenience for foreign visitors, and even if you know the language it gives you an immediate idea of what a shop has to offer.
While every so often, you can catch a special on Japanese television detailing just how much hard work and effort the makers of these plastic food samples put into their craft, that doesn’t mean they aren’t above having some fun with it. Iwasaki-be-I, Japan’s top plastic food sample maker, held a contest within their company to show off the creativity of their employees.
Cucumbers and kiwis that become one another
Ukiyo-e ice cream
A salmon giving you some “fresh” eggs
Look up in the sky, it’s a bird, it’s a pie, it’s…both!
Fresh beer and melon soda
Fruit juice straight from the source
Pasta tennis racket
Carrots bathing in beef stew
An octopus chilling in takowasa (octopus and wasabi)
Fish that look too real
Painting with mandarin oranges
An artistic tomato explosion
A beetle making the ultimate sacrifice for your Christmas present
A literal kabedon!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- “The Book Of Bunny Suicides”: Hilariously Dark Cartoon Series By Andy Riley
- Social Distance: A Graphic Story For The Coronavirus Age By Mark Haddon
- The Twin Towers During The 1970s And Early ’80s Through Fascinating Photos
- Vivian Maier: Lost Photographs Of 1950s New York
- Craftsman Gabriel Dishaw Upcycles Louis Vuitton Bags Into Elaborate ‘Star Wars’ Helmets
- These Beautiful Yet Terrifying Surreal Pictures By Erik Johansson Will Blow Your Mind
- Sensual Shadow Photography By Sølve Sundsbø
- Post Apocalyptic Views: Dutch Photographer’s Lens Captures Graveyard Of French Warships
- Turkish Artist Hossein Diba Creates These Creepy Realistic Recreations Of “The Simpsons” Characters That Will Give You Nightmares