Concepts From Future Past: 1986 Italdesign Machimoto
It was presented at Turin Motor Show in 1986 and immediately public and critics are divided: or you accept it for its character like intelligent provocation, or you can only analyze its defects, considering it a museum utopia.
Created on Golf platform and mechanics, Machimoto finds its personality form mid 80’s world economy, characterized by petroleum low cost, that opens the market to vehicles designed for free time, as already happened in the 60’s and the 70’s with the Dune Baggy.
The ideal public is the young people one, making the Machimoto a socializing car: 6 seats that can become 9, located on parallel rows where you can seat like on a motor bike. You can get into the car by two lateral protections. Every passenger has a retractile shackle and a seat belt with two anchorage points. In the rear part, close to the luggage van, there is another seat that can guest maximum 3 passengers.
The steering wheel is the synthesis between car and bike; into horizontal bars there are two knobs that can change in three different positions: rest (inside of the bar), vertical (90° compared to the bar), open (parallel to the bar). When the knobs are closed you can use it as a traditional steering wheel.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Japanese Photographer Brings Action Figures To Life In Impressive Shots
- China 2050: The Future Of China According To A Photographer Benoit Cezard
- Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
- Photographer Captured Post-Apocalyptic Images Of Abandoned Bangkok Shopping Mall That Hides A Fishy Secret
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Back In 1980, Citröen Had A Somewhat Amusing Idea Of The Future
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Surreal Family Vacation Photos That Include The Cats
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- An Artist Created Stunning Looks For Halloween Inspired By Creepy Movie Characters