Concepts From Future Past: 1986 Italdesign Machimoto
It was presented at Turin Motor Show in 1986 and immediately public and critics are divided: or you accept it for its character like intelligent provocation, or you can only analyze its defects, considering it a museum utopia.
Created on Golf platform and mechanics, Machimoto finds its personality form mid 80’s world economy, characterized by petroleum low cost, that opens the market to vehicles designed for free time, as already happened in the 60’s and the 70’s with the Dune Baggy.
The ideal public is the young people one, making the Machimoto a socializing car: 6 seats that can become 9, located on parallel rows where you can seat like on a motor bike. You can get into the car by two lateral protections. Every passenger has a retractile shackle and a seat belt with two anchorage points. In the rear part, close to the luggage van, there is another seat that can guest maximum 3 passengers.
The steering wheel is the synthesis between car and bike; into horizontal bars there are two knobs that can change in three different positions: rest (inside of the bar), vertical (90° compared to the bar), open (parallel to the bar). When the knobs are closed you can use it as a traditional steering wheel.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Awkward 1970s Male Fashion
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Streamliners: Locomotives And Bullet Trains In The Age Of Speed And Style
- There’s An Online Community That Makes Fun Of People Trying To Sell Mirrors
- Rare Weird And Funny Pictures Show Hilarious Side Of Victorian Era Life
- Norwegian Artist Makes ‘Pillows’ From White Marble
- Rusty 1961 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster Barn Find Sells For Staggering $800,000
- Russian Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Famous Characters Got Old, And Thor Is Too Cute