15 Inhumane Ways Cities Are Preventing The Homeless From Sleeping In Public Places
You’ve Got To Be The Worst Kind Of Heartless Twat If You Can Go Around Slashing Homeless People’s Tents
Let us introduce you to something called “hostile architecture” – a design strategy that aims to manipulate peoples’ behavior through certain design elements. One of the most widely used elements of hostile architecture is the so-called “anti-homeless spikes” – metal or stone studs on ledges and steps that are embedded to prevent the homeless from sleeping there.
If you live in a big city, you can probably spot a few examples of it yourself – although sometimes cities try to mask them as “art installations”. You’d think that the money wasted on all those hostile design elements could be spent on actually solving the homelessness problem – but apparently spiky ledges and anti-homeless benches sound like a better idea.
Modern Problems Require Modern…oh Wait
Someone Installs These Poles To Prevent The Homeless From Sleeping Here, They Find A Solution Anyways
When You’re Inclusive But Still Hate The Poor
Bench In Volgodonsk, Russia
Anyone Else Find This Ironic?
An Eyecatching Response To Mumbai’s Homelessness Crisis
This Man Removed ‘Anti-Homeless’ Devices From Benches And Ended In Court
Cut In The Shape Of An Obelisk, They Are Installed On A Private Site In Paris. Imagine A Homeless Man Who Would Lose Balance In The Middle Of This Work Of ‘Art’? Or A Child?
The Worst Example Of Anti-Homeless Architecture I’ve Ever Seen
Man Sleeping On A Anti-Homeless Bench
When You Wanna Look Inclusive But Hate Homeless People
More Anti Homeless Spikes….so Much For Community Spirit
There Are A Few Different Varieties But They All Serve The Same Purpose
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- This Mind-Numbing Machine By Blake Fall-Conroy Lets You Experience Making The Minimum Wage
- Artist Redesigned Famous Logos, Printed Them Out And Repackaged Them In A Way That Will Mess With Your Head … In A Good Way
- Last Breath: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Hot Australian Firefighters Pose With Animals For The New 2020 Calendars
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2019
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- Traveling Couple Captures Ethereal Images In The Most Unspoiled Places Around The World
- In Girls We Trust: The Superb Bic Pen Illustrations By Helena Hauss