384ft-Tall Apartment Tower To Be World’s First Building Covered In Evergreen Trees
Stefano Boeri, an Italian architect with an affinity for innovative green structures, is set to build a 117m-tall (384ft) apartment tower in Lausanne, Switzerland, that will be the first building in the world to be covered in evergreen trees.
The 36-story green tower, aptly named “La Tour des Cedres” (The Tower of Cedars), will be home to more than 100 trees, 6,000 shrubs and 18,000 plants spread over roughly 3,000 square meters of green space. The plants will protect the apartments inside from harsh winds, dust, and noise pollution, and will offer a more pleasant view of the city. This tower will be the second project of its kind by Boeri. He previously designed two 112m towers in Milan as well.
Stefano Boeri’s 117m-tall (384ft) apartment tower will be the first vertical evergreen forest in the world
“La Tour des Cedres” (The Tower of Cedars) will have more than 100 trees, 6,000 shrubs and 18,000 plants over 3,000 square meters
The plants will protect residents from dust, noise pollution and harsh wind
Below are two similar towers that Boeri has already built in Milan:
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s