“Ulm Nest”: Sleep Capsules Are Designed to Protect Ulm Homeless People from Freezing to Death
Mobile sleeping pods were set up again in Ulm, a city in the south German state of Baden-Württemberg, where homeless people can spend the night. The “Ulmer Nester” are an additional offer of the homeless assistance in Ulm.
The mobile sleeping pods are intended for people without a fixed abode who do not want to or cannot use the overnight shelter in Ulm. The “Ulmer Nester” are thus part of a concept for frostbite protection that the city of Ulm has developed together with the providers of assistance for the homeless. As in the previous year, one mobile sleeping facility is located at Karlsplatz in Ulm, the other at the Old Cemetery.
In the future, the two “Ulmer Nester” will always be set up during the cold months. According to the announcement, they were revised before their permanent use. For example, the seal was improved and the closing mechanism simplified. However, the work was delayed due to Covid-19.
If the mobile sleeping facilities are used, sensors send a corresponding message to the Caritas Association Ulm-Alb-Donau. This means that the next morning, an employee can visit the people who have spent the night there. The aim is also to provide information about other services for the homeless.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- This Artist Creates Comics Full Of Puns And Funny Twists
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like