This Photo Was Shot with A Real $2M Lamborghini Taken Apart
Swiss photographer Fabian Oefner (previously) has created an eye-popping new photo showing a 1972 Lamborghini Miura SV disintegrating with its individual components exploding in all directions. Here’s what’s crazy: Oefner actually photographed the $2 million car, spending nearly 2 years shooting and stitching the parts.
Oefner first released a project called Disintegrating 5 years ago, but those photos of exploding cars were created using detailed small-scale models.
Over the course of many months, Oefner and his team visited workshops around the Lamborghini Factory in Sant’Agata/Italy to photograph every piece of the car as it was being carefully restored. Oefner ended up capturing over 1,500 individual photos, which he then weaved together into the final composite image.
After working so long on small-scale models in a studio, transitioning his process to car shops was challenging.
“I worked on the scale models in my studio, which is very quiet, and creating was almost a soothing process,” Oefner says. “With the real car it got a lot more complicated: I was in the workshop where you’d have constant noise. I did this in July, so it was 44°C in the workshop, I was sweating, and it smelled like gasoline in the air. It’s way more tangible when you do it with the real thing. Now, when I look at the photograph, all the smells and the ambiance of the workshop come back.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Stunning Photos Of Chinese ‘Nail Houses’ That Defy Developers
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- Intimate Photos Of Sharon Tate Gives Her Husband Roman Polanski A Haircut In 1968
- French Photographer Visited Chernobyl, And The Captivating Photos Show Just How Suddenly Time Stopped In Its Tracks After The Disaster
- 40 Funniest Finalists For Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2019
- Photographer Exposes The Truth Behind His ‘Perfect’ Photos
- Baby Car Seats From the Mid-20th Century Moms Wouldn’t Buy Today
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Famous Brands Get A Logo Makeover By A Canadian Artist To Better Reflect Their Brand Philosophy
- Wedding Photo Shoot Gets Interrupted By A Deer, Hilarity Ensues