This Photo Was Shot with A Real $2M Lamborghini Taken Apart
Swiss photographer Fabian Oefner (previously) has created an eye-popping new photo showing a 1972 Lamborghini Miura SV disintegrating with its individual components exploding in all directions. Here’s what’s crazy: Oefner actually photographed the $2 million car, spending nearly 2 years shooting and stitching the parts.
Oefner first released a project called Disintegrating 5 years ago, but those photos of exploding cars were created using detailed small-scale models.
Over the course of many months, Oefner and his team visited workshops around the Lamborghini Factory in Sant’Agata/Italy to photograph every piece of the car as it was being carefully restored. Oefner ended up capturing over 1,500 individual photos, which he then weaved together into the final composite image.
After working so long on small-scale models in a studio, transitioning his process to car shops was challenging.
“I worked on the scale models in my studio, which is very quiet, and creating was almost a soothing process,” Oefner says. “With the real car it got a lot more complicated: I was in the workshop where you’d have constant noise. I did this in July, so it was 44°C in the workshop, I was sweating, and it smelled like gasoline in the air. It’s way more tangible when you do it with the real thing. Now, when I look at the photograph, all the smells and the ambiance of the workshop come back.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Guy Hilariously Captions The Weirdest Construction Fails He Finds
- A Mixture Of Innocence, Beauty, Violence, Decadence, Japanese And Russian Folklore – In Bizarre Works By Vania Zhuravlev
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- In An Old Village In Southern Bavaria, A Unique Ancient Pagan Tradition Is Still Alive
- 40 Newspaper Headlines That Push The Limits Of Human Stupidity
- Weird Grave Stones Of The Russian Bandit Cemetery
- Yokai Horrors From The 18th Century Bakemono Zukushi Scroll – The Nightmarish, Curious And Rather Cute Demons Were Created In The Edo Period
- This Artist Is Ruining Our Childhoods by Revealing The Secrets Of Our Beloved Characters
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Nature’s Dystopian Nature: An Artist Creates Images That Show Nature Taking Over Our Civilization