Artists Create Elaborately Detailed Miniature Worlds For Their Snails
Artists, filmmakers photographers Aleia Murawski and Samuel Copeland create elaborately detailed miniature worlds for their pet snails. The dioramic designs include the high life, with limousines and champagne coupe beds, the lowbrow with paper-dragging bathrooms, the mundane with office work, the playful with a skateboard ride to the extraterrestrial with a visitation.
“We made a terrarium for them…and around the same time, we started making miniature scenes together. At first, we were keeping them as pets and just loved looking at them every day. Then we realized, the sets we were making were roughly snail-sized and we loved the idea of animating these rooms,” they said.
View this post on Instagram
Snail, do you like green eggs and ham? 🐌🥚 Commission from @netflixfamily for the launch of their 2D animated adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ beloved book, “Green Eggs and Ham.” We were asked to create our own interpretation of the iconic dish to celebrate the launch of the series. This was such a fun project for us to be a part of — Genuinely excited to see this as 2D animation is a rare treasure these days, and this series looks beautiful and wonderfully weird. Thank you Netflix and @meetkvell for the opportunity!! Trailer for #GreenEggsAndHam series is in my bio <33 #ad
View this post on Instagram
Hey, This is Another Note to Myself, to Stop Getting In My Head and Worrying About What Something Looks Like, And Give Into the Process of Making Something. It Has Always Been Something That Made You Feel Good, Sad, Confused, So This is Really No Different. Stop Trying To Control These Steps. You Have Made Things In The Past That You're Proud of, And You Will Continue to Surprise Yourself. Every Time You Stop Yourself From Making Something Because You Think It Is Not Good Enough, You Become More of a Stranger to Yourself. Get To That Place Where You Make Something Small, And Then the Next. Keep Following Your Little Creative Gut Out Of Things. Open It Up When You Want To And When You Don't, Savor This Secret Ugly Mess Because There is Something Beautiful Brewing In Here Just Waiting To Come Out 🐌🍇
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Russian Riviera”: Resort City of Yalta in Stunning Photos by Martin Parr
- Attractive Female Portraits By Natalia Ivanova That Show How Diverse And Beautiful Humans Are
- No Necks! There’s an Instagram Account That Posts Animals Without Necks.
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- First Photo Shoots Of Angelina Jolie When She Was 15 Years Old
- Inside China’s Trash Park Where Bentleys And Mercedes Worths Millions Are Abandoned By Their Rich Owners
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s
- Stunning Photographs Reveal The Realities Of New Brighton, A Working Class Seaside Resort In Northern England, During The 1980s
- Before Bikini: Cool Photos of Women in Swimsuits From the 1930s
- Russian Stylist Gives 35 People Extreme Makeovers And You’ll Hardly Believe They’re The Same People