Finnish Nightmares: An Irreverent Guide To Life’s Awkward Moments
From awkward interactions on public transportation to avoiding small talk with salespeople, introverts from all over the world will find something to love in this comic sensation from Finland.
Mild-mannered protagonist Matti is a typical Finn who appreciates peace, quiet, and personal space–but things do not always go according to his wishes. Finnish Nightmares is an illustrated collection of his and many people’s worst fears when it comes to social interactions.
Divided into sections on dealing with neighbors, going shopping, sharing public spaces, tense dining situations, and more, there is a comic for every squeamish scenario, from having to sing your own praises in a job interview, to being unable to leave your apartment because a neighbor is in the hallway.
A fascinating look at Nordic culture, globe trotters and armchair travelers alike will enjoy this insider’s glimpse into the local life and habits of Finland. With a charming and quirky universality, there is an awkward and laughable situation that everyone can relate to in Finnish Nightmares.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- Weird And Wonderful Illustrated Letters From A 16th Century Songbook
- Photos of Mark Frechette and Daria Halprin During the Filming of ‘Zabriskie Point’, 1970
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- 11 Totally Accurate Illustrations Showing Exactly What It’s Like to Be a Woman
- “Detached, in Harmony”: Artist Taking Conceptual Photography to New Heights
- Amazing Black and White Winning Images of The WildArt POTY Monochrome Competition
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh