Graffiti Artist Jimmy Swift Turns Beach Stone Into A Great White Shark
If you’ve ever seen a picture of a shark, you know they’re terrifying – just look at all those teeth! But despite the scary appearance, people are gladly taking pictures in front of one on the shores of Palolem Beach, South Goa, India. Now, you might think they’re crazy but relax – the shark isn’t real. It’s actually a beach stone cleverly disguised as a great white shark by American graffiti artist Jimmy Swift back in 2015.
Upon seeing the rock for the first time, the artist instantly knew it was the perfect place for a great white.
“It’s truly amazing how mother nature can carve out such a perfect shape,” says the artist.
“This was the hardest thing I’ve ever painted. I was literally beat up by the waves and rising tide and forced to stop before it was finished. I could have done better, but between the blowing sand and wind, splashing waves, burning hot sun and the fact I’ve never painted a shark before or painted on a 3 dimensional surface like a rock…. I think it turned out OK,” writes the artist on his Instagram post. “When I first saw this rock it looked like a perfect place for a great white. Hopefully it doesn’t scare the shit out of people! This was inspired by the movie posters from Jaws…. A movie that scared the shit out of me when I was a kid!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- “The Witches of Fabersham Forest”: The Dark Surrealism and Visual Mysteries of Noah Stacey
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- These Humorous Illustrations Perfectly Sum Up The Reality Of Living With Anxiety And Depression
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves