Graffiti Artist Jimmy Swift Turns Beach Stone Into A Great White Shark
If you’ve ever seen a picture of a shark, you know they’re terrifying – just look at all those teeth! But despite the scary appearance, people are gladly taking pictures in front of one on the shores of Palolem Beach, South Goa, India. Now, you might think they’re crazy but relax – the shark isn’t real. It’s actually a beach stone cleverly disguised as a great white shark by American graffiti artist Jimmy Swift back in 2015.
Upon seeing the rock for the first time, the artist instantly knew it was the perfect place for a great white.
“It’s truly amazing how mother nature can carve out such a perfect shape,” says the artist.
“This was the hardest thing I’ve ever painted. I was literally beat up by the waves and rising tide and forced to stop before it was finished. I could have done better, but between the blowing sand and wind, splashing waves, burning hot sun and the fact I’ve never painted a shark before or painted on a 3 dimensional surface like a rock…. I think it turned out OK,” writes the artist on his Instagram post. “When I first saw this rock it looked like a perfect place for a great white. Hopefully it doesn’t scare the shit out of people! This was inspired by the movie posters from Jaws…. A movie that scared the shit out of me when I was a kid!”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- This AI Turns Your Headshot Into A Renaissance Masterpeace
- Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
- Loving Dad Builds Custom “Star Wars” Rocking Horse for Daughter’s 1st Birthday
- Brutally Honest Brand Slogans By Clif Dickens
- Polish Artist Designs Shoсking Ads Of Major Companies That Show The Harsh Reality
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art
- Playful Photos of Polar Bears Frolicking in Flower Fields During Summer