Graffiti Artist Jimmy Swift Turns Beach Stone Into A Great White Shark
If you’ve ever seen a picture of a shark, you know they’re terrifying – just look at all those teeth! But despite the scary appearance, people are gladly taking pictures in front of one on the shores of Palolem Beach, South Goa, India. Now, you might think they’re crazy but relax – the shark isn’t real. It’s actually a beach stone cleverly disguised as a great white shark by American graffiti artist Jimmy Swift back in 2015.
Upon seeing the rock for the first time, the artist instantly knew it was the perfect place for a great white.
“It’s truly amazing how mother nature can carve out such a perfect shape,” says the artist.
“This was the hardest thing I’ve ever painted. I was literally beat up by the waves and rising tide and forced to stop before it was finished. I could have done better, but between the blowing sand and wind, splashing waves, burning hot sun and the fact I’ve never painted a shark before or painted on a 3 dimensional surface like a rock…. I think it turned out OK,” writes the artist on his Instagram post. “When I first saw this rock it looked like a perfect place for a great white. Hopefully it doesn’t scare the shit out of people! This was inspired by the movie posters from Jaws…. A movie that scared the shit out of me when I was a kid!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Japanese Photographer Captures Stunningly Gorgeous Photoshoot of Tokyo Station During a Typhoon
- Bums for The Bush: The Cheeky Campaign Helping Aussie Farmers
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Japanese Artist Crafts Awesome Cyberpunk Demon Masks
- Misty Lochs, Magical Woods and Spectacular Lightning Strikes: Feast Your Eyes on The Incredible Winning Shots for The 2020 Landscape Photographer of The Year Awards
- Graphic Artist Reimagines Children’s Board Games As Superb Horror Movie Posters
- Amazing Black and White Photographs Capture Everyday Life in France During the Mid-20th Century
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Spectacular Winning Photos from The Weather Photographer of the Year 2020 Awards
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers