This Soccer Team’s Angry-Faced Mascot Will Haunt Your Every Waking Moment
The Scottish soccer team Partick Thistle has a mascot, and it’s caused quite a stir on social media. The mascot was designed by artist David Shrigley and was unveiled Monday after the Scottish team signed a new six-figure sponsorship deal with the California-based company Kingsford Capital Management.
The mascot is named Kingsley, and it’s pretty unclear what exactly Kingsley is.
“Terrifying” and “nightmarish” have been two common reactions to Shrigley’s Kingsley, with novelist Irvine Welsh hitting the nail on the head when describing the mascot as looking like “Lisa Simpson on crystal meth”. As well as appearing in person on match days, Kingsley’s face will also adorn the front of Partick Thistle kits and feature prominently around the club’s Firhill ground. Will the visiting opposition be able to handle this intimidating new signing? Keep an eye out when the season starts to see what effect Kingsley has on Partick’s fortunes…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- Fabulous Portrait Photos of Celebrities Taken by Patrick Lichfield
- The Fantastic, Beautiful and Colorful Mosaic Portraits by Charis Tsevis
- Poetic, Emotional and Minimalist Photographs by Kersti K
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them