This Soccer Team’s Angry-Faced Mascot Will Haunt Your Every Waking Moment
The Scottish soccer team Partick Thistle has a mascot, and it’s caused quite a stir on social media. The mascot was designed by artist David Shrigley and was unveiled Monday after the Scottish team signed a new six-figure sponsorship deal with the California-based company Kingsford Capital Management.
The mascot is named Kingsley, and it’s pretty unclear what exactly Kingsley is.
“Terrifying” and “nightmarish” have been two common reactions to Shrigley’s Kingsley, with novelist Irvine Welsh hitting the nail on the head when describing the mascot as looking like “Lisa Simpson on crystal meth”. As well as appearing in person on match days, Kingsley’s face will also adorn the front of Partick Thistle kits and feature prominently around the club’s Firhill ground. Will the visiting opposition be able to handle this intimidating new signing? Keep an eye out when the season starts to see what effect Kingsley has on Partick’s fortunes…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Rare Photos Of Melania Trump As A Model At 16-Years-Old In Slovenia
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends
- Japanese Artist Turns Awkward Animal Photos Into Beautiful Sculptures
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Walmart Keeps Posting Pictures of This Employee Posing With Stuff, She Goes Viral
- Stunning Photos From The Bosch Parade, The Sailing Parade In The Spirit Of Jheronimus Bosch
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers