This Soccer Team’s Angry-Faced Mascot Will Haunt Your Every Waking Moment
The Scottish soccer team Partick Thistle has a mascot, and it’s caused quite a stir on social media. The mascot was designed by artist David Shrigley and was unveiled Monday after the Scottish team signed a new six-figure sponsorship deal with the California-based company Kingsford Capital Management.
The mascot is named Kingsley, and it’s pretty unclear what exactly Kingsley is.
“Terrifying” and “nightmarish” have been two common reactions to Shrigley’s Kingsley, with novelist Irvine Welsh hitting the nail on the head when describing the mascot as looking like “Lisa Simpson on crystal meth”. As well as appearing in person on match days, Kingsley’s face will also adorn the front of Partick Thistle kits and feature prominently around the club’s Firhill ground. Will the visiting opposition be able to handle this intimidating new signing? Keep an eye out when the season starts to see what effect Kingsley has on Partick’s fortunes…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- These Viral Visual Explanations Are Spreading Information About COVID-19 Extremely Effectively
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- This Instagram Account Is So Damn Weird, It’s Addicting
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- Getty Museum Challenges People To Recreate Great Works Of Art With Items And People In Their Homes
- Goats Take Over Empty Streets Of Seaside Town In Wales During The Coronavirus Outbrake
- The Beautiful, Surreal And Sometimes Sinister Artwork Of Jaco Putker
- Owners Let Their Norwegian Forest Cat Roam Freely Outside, And He Looks Majestic