This Soccer Team’s Angry-Faced Mascot Will Haunt Your Every Waking Moment
The Scottish soccer team Partick Thistle has a mascot, and it’s caused quite a stir on social media. The mascot was designed by artist David Shrigley and was unveiled Monday after the Scottish team signed a new six-figure sponsorship deal with the California-based company Kingsford Capital Management.
The mascot is named Kingsley, and it’s pretty unclear what exactly Kingsley is.
“Terrifying” and “nightmarish” have been two common reactions to Shrigley’s Kingsley, with novelist Irvine Welsh hitting the nail on the head when describing the mascot as looking like “Lisa Simpson on crystal meth”. As well as appearing in person on match days, Kingsley’s face will also adorn the front of Partick Thistle kits and feature prominently around the club’s Firhill ground. Will the visiting opposition be able to handle this intimidating new signing? Keep an eye out when the season starts to see what effect Kingsley has on Partick’s fortunes…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- Turkish Artist Hossein Diba Creates These Creepy Realistic Recreations Of “The Simpsons” Characters That Will Give You Nightmares
- Photographer Analyzes Brain Waves To Construct Portraits Of People’s Ideal Selves
- Artist Avner Geller Perfectly Illustrates Things He Has Accidentally Overheard
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- This Facebook Group Is Dedicated To Recreating Terrible Amateur Art, Here Are The Weirdest Entries
- Cats Are Not Lazy, They Have Many Important Jobs
- Metal Albums Look Much Less Scary With Googly Eyes
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of The Grateful Dead’s Wall Of Sound, 1974