This Soccer Team’s Angry-Faced Mascot Will Haunt Your Every Waking Moment
The Scottish soccer team Partick Thistle has a mascot, and it’s caused quite a stir on social media. The mascot was designed by artist David Shrigley and was unveiled Monday after the Scottish team signed a new six-figure sponsorship deal with the California-based company Kingsford Capital Management.
The mascot is named Kingsley, and it’s pretty unclear what exactly Kingsley is.
“Terrifying” and “nightmarish” have been two common reactions to Shrigley’s Kingsley, with novelist Irvine Welsh hitting the nail on the head when describing the mascot as looking like “Lisa Simpson on crystal meth”. As well as appearing in person on match days, Kingsley’s face will also adorn the front of Partick Thistle kits and feature prominently around the club’s Firhill ground. Will the visiting opposition be able to handle this intimidating new signing? Keep an eye out when the season starts to see what effect Kingsley has on Partick’s fortunes…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- “The World In Faces”: Photographer’s Incredible Portraits Of People Who Live In Some Of The Most Remote Corners Of The Earth
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Zombies Descend On Hamburg To Protest Against Two-Day Meeting Of ‘Political Elite’
- Sleeping With The Devil: A Weird And Wonderful Collection Of Medieval Bedroom Hijinks With Creatures From Hell
- Artist Draws Wholesome Watercolor Comics Where A Cat Is Giving Out Mental Health Advice
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- “Eighth Wonder Of The World”: The Sacred Orthodox Rock Church Of Saint George In Lalibela, Ethiopia
- This Is What Happens When You Peel Off 30 Years Of Graffiti