This Soccer Team’s Angry-Faced Mascot Will Haunt Your Every Waking Moment
The Scottish soccer team Partick Thistle has a mascot, and it’s caused quite a stir on social media. The mascot was designed by artist David Shrigley and was unveiled Monday after the Scottish team signed a new six-figure sponsorship deal with the California-based company Kingsford Capital Management.
The mascot is named Kingsley, and it’s pretty unclear what exactly Kingsley is.
“Terrifying” and “nightmarish” have been two common reactions to Shrigley’s Kingsley, with novelist Irvine Welsh hitting the nail on the head when describing the mascot as looking like “Lisa Simpson on crystal meth”. As well as appearing in person on match days, Kingsley’s face will also adorn the front of Partick Thistle kits and feature prominently around the club’s Firhill ground. Will the visiting opposition be able to handle this intimidating new signing? Keep an eye out when the season starts to see what effect Kingsley has on Partick’s fortunes…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Impressive Examples of Soviet Brutalism in Architecture
- A Horror–mad Seven-Year-Old Girl Has Ditched Disney Princesses to Recreate Scenes from Gory Films Such as The Exorcist and Chucky
- Sculpture Artist Makes Incredible Realistic Busts of Movie Villains
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- “On Adventure With Dad”: This Guy Sends His Girlfriend Photoshopped Photos Whenever She Asks If Their Kids Are OK
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Vintage Photos of Cars During Winter in the 1950s and ’60s
- Cute Fashionable Animal Clay Dolls By Valentina Gekova