“Jane Asher’s Fancy Dress”: Over 100 Costumes for Children and Adults and How to Make Them, 1983
A wonderful source for costume making, for both children and adults. Imaginative, witty and creative. This is a great source book for ideas, themes, and very flexible in the use of materials.
The author, a British actress, with a long + varied career, has drawn upon her many co-worker actors to ‘model’ many of the costumes.
Although this book includes assembly and materials information, some prior sewing and/or crafts experience is useful. The book is written using British terminology and metric dimensions. The instructions are more conceptual than detailed. There is a wonderful sense of energy and freedom which shines through this book.
She also has written another book on the decoration of cakes and baking for children’s parties, which is equally imaginative.
It’s a wonderful book, not just for Halloween, and not just for young children.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Winning Photographs From The 2020 International Photography Awards
- “Russian Riviera”: Resort City of Yalta in Stunning Photos by Martin Parr
- Before She Was Famous, Marilyn Monroe Was Paid Just $10 an Hour to Pose for Pin-up Artist Earl Moran in the Late 1940s
- This Korean Tattoo Artist Creates Tattoo Cover-Up Masterpieces!
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Tokyo International Foto Awards 2020
- Attractive Female Portraits By Natalia Ivanova That Show How Diverse And Beautiful Humans Are
- Illustrations That Reveal Our Weird Social Media Lives
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s
- Design Crowd Issued A Challenge To Create The Worst Ad, And The Contestants Have Delivered
- Everyday Things That Look Totally Different Under A Microscope