“Jane Asher’s Fancy Dress”: Over 100 Costumes for Children and Adults and How to Make Them, 1983
A wonderful source for costume making, for both children and adults. Imaginative, witty and creative. This is a great source book for ideas, themes, and very flexible in the use of materials.
The author, a British actress, with a long + varied career, has drawn upon her many co-worker actors to ‘model’ many of the costumes.
Although this book includes assembly and materials information, some prior sewing and/or crafts experience is useful. The book is written using British terminology and metric dimensions. The instructions are more conceptual than detailed. There is a wonderful sense of energy and freedom which shines through this book.
She also has written another book on the decoration of cakes and baking for children’s parties, which is equally imaginative.
It’s a wonderful book, not just for Halloween, and not just for young children.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Artist Studies Psychoanalysis And Visualize The States Of The Subconscious In Her Bizarre Sculptures
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Inspiring & Rare Color Photographs Of Everyday Life In Hong Kong From The Photographer Fan Ho
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Funny Dark Humor Comics By Artist Jenna Noble
- Artist Creates Fantastic Surreal Edits Using Animals, Plants, People, And Objects
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World