Vintage Photos Capture Springtime In Clarksville, Arkansas In 1953
Kids playing outdoors.
Clarksville, a city in Johnson County, Arkansas, is widely known for its peaches, scenic byways and abundance of natural outdoor recreational activities. Take a look at the peaceful life of the city during the springtime in 1953 through these 21 captivating vintage photographs taken by LIFE photographer Yale Joel.
Students eating on blankets at the College of the Ozarks.
A family cleaning furniture outside.
A farm family feeding calves.
High school students race to the lunch room.
Two kids and their pet horse.
A small boy playing in a tree.
Owner of a small drug store working.
A little boy watching a cow eating.
A fisherman in Spadra Creek.
A high school girl being fitted for a formal dress.
A boy and his baby brother taking a walk
A small English sparrow sitting atop its house.
Adventurous waders test the temperature of Spadra Creek.
A tree trimmer swinging from a tree like Tarzan.
School kids playing during recesses.
Two boys riding a horse down a country road.
A little girl who has the measles.
A family playing baseball in the yard.
An 85-year-old woman sitting in an open window getting fresh air.
A man staring through his prison window.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Won
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Indian Artist Kevin Adams Creates Breathtaking Digital Artworks