Vintage Photos Capture Springtime In Clarksville, Arkansas In 1953
Kids playing outdoors.
Clarksville, a city in Johnson County, Arkansas, is widely known for its peaches, scenic byways and abundance of natural outdoor recreational activities. Take a look at the peaceful life of the city during the springtime in 1953 through these 21 captivating vintage photographs taken by LIFE photographer Yale Joel.
Students eating on blankets at the College of the Ozarks.
A family cleaning furniture outside.
A farm family feeding calves.
High school students race to the lunch room.
Two kids and their pet horse.
A small boy playing in a tree.
Owner of a small drug store working.
A little boy watching a cow eating.
A fisherman in Spadra Creek.
A high school girl being fitted for a formal dress.
A boy and his baby brother taking a walk
A small English sparrow sitting atop its house.
Adventurous waders test the temperature of Spadra Creek.
A tree trimmer swinging from a tree like Tarzan.
School kids playing during recesses.
Two boys riding a horse down a country road.
A little girl who has the measles.
A family playing baseball in the yard.
An 85-year-old woman sitting in an open window getting fresh air.
A man staring through his prison window.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- How People With Bad Eyesight See The World When They Take Off Their Glasses
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- Stroyboard Artist Marty Cooper Inserts Cartoons Into Real-World Situations
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- This Is How Some People Actually Work From Home
- Artist Reimagined Famous Paintings To See What They’d Look Like If They Were Painted During The Coronavirus Crisis
- On The Front Line: Chinese Artists Pay Tribute To Medics In The Fight With Coronavirus Outbrake
- The Ultimate 1980s Barn Find: This Guy Found A Lamborghini Countach Hiding In Grandma’s Garage For 20 Years