Vintage Photos Capture Springtime In Clarksville, Arkansas In 1953
Kids playing outdoors.
Clarksville, a city in Johnson County, Arkansas, is widely known for its peaches, scenic byways and abundance of natural outdoor recreational activities. Take a look at the peaceful life of the city during the springtime in 1953 through these 21 captivating vintage photographs taken by LIFE photographer Yale Joel.
Students eating on blankets at the College of the Ozarks.
A family cleaning furniture outside.
A farm family feeding calves.
High school students race to the lunch room.
Two kids and their pet horse.
A small boy playing in a tree.
Owner of a small drug store working.
A little boy watching a cow eating.
A fisherman in Spadra Creek.
A high school girl being fitted for a formal dress.
A boy and his baby brother taking a walk
A small English sparrow sitting atop its house.
Adventurous waders test the temperature of Spadra Creek.
A tree trimmer swinging from a tree like Tarzan.
School kids playing during recesses.
Two boys riding a horse down a country road.
A little girl who has the measles.
A family playing baseball in the yard.
An 85-year-old woman sitting in an open window getting fresh air.
A man staring through his prison window.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- “In A Parallel Universe”: Artist Exposes Sexism By Switching Up Gender Roles In Old-School Ads
- This Paper Memo Pad Excavates Hidden Objects As It Gets Used
- The Incredible Art Of Maciej Kuciara, Who’s Worked On The Last Of Us, Ghost In The Shell & Crysis
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- The Biggest Anamorphic Illusion In The World Has Been Successfully Revealed On The Largest Outdoor Advertising Screen In South Korea
- Family Of Romanian Photographer Moved To A Small Town In The UK And He Started Discovering The Beauty Of This Country
- This Restaurant In Bangkok Uses Cartoon Dragon Dolls As Space Keepers For Social Distancing
- Photographer Jacqueline Roberts Uses 166-Year-Old Technique To Shoot Kids