Stunning Vintage Photos of the Panther 6, a Crazy 6-Wheeled UK Sports Car From 1977
The Panther 6 was a British six-wheel convertible produced by Panther in 1977. The car is powered by a mid-mounted 8.2 L (500 cu in) Cadillac V8 engine with twin turbochargers paired to a three-speed automatic transmission. Only two cars were made (one in black, one in white), both of which are known to still exist.
The six-wheel configuration was inspired by the Tyrrell P34 racing car. The layout consists of one pair of larger rear wheels with Pirelli 265/50VR16 tyres, and two pairs of smaller steerable front wheels with Pirelli 205/40VR13 tyres. This concept of the Panther Six was considered an early masterpiece of a true supercar.
The specification included a detachable hard top and convertible soft top, electronic instruments, air conditioning, an automatic fire extinguisher, electric seats and windows, a telephone and a dashboard-mounted television set.
Claims for the top speed of this vehicle suggested it was capable of over 200 mph (322 km/h); however, these claims are unsubstantiated as neither were ever seriously test driven at the time.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- First Photo Shoots Of Angelina Jolie When She Was 15 Years Old
- GPS Trackers That Show Cats’ Activity During The Night
- Photographer Captures The Lives Of People Living In Yakutia, One Of The Coldest Regions In Russia
- This Is How Surrealism, Sweetness, and Eroticism Are Linked – The Beautiful Bizarre Art by Relm
- Cleverly Pointing Out The Ironies Of Life Through the Socially Disturbing Illustrations of Jeff Mahannah
- 20 Award-Winning Photos Capture the Terror and Beauty of Giving Birth During the Pandemic
- An Artist llustrates The Sad Truth Of Modern Life: Thought-Provoking, Clever And Funny Illustrations By Marco Melgrati
- Marcelo Ventura Reimagines The Concept of Pop Culture Characters in Dark-Style Illustrations
- Photographer Martin Parr Captured Candid Portraits of British Drivers in 1994
- Funny Advertisement Fails