Can This Surf Gear Prevent Shark Attacks?
Shark Attack Mitigation Systems (SAMS) is a company in Perth, Australia, that has developed a line of wetsuits and surfboards that could prevent shark attacks.
The SAMS technology focuses on the fairly recent discovery that sharks are color blind.
The “Cryptic Swimmer” line uses a blend of blue tones to mimic the movement of water–rendering the surfer invisible to a shark.
The “Warning Swimmer” uses an opposite tactic: High contrasting stripes confuse depth perception and keep the shark from engaging and attacking. The wetsuits will cost $495, and can be seen here.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Cute Illustrations With the Soviet Mood From Anna Desnitskaya
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- This Carpet-Covered Lada Is the Most Soviet-Era Car Ever Made
- “Rest in Peace”: The Dark, Nightmarish and Bizarre Drawings by Dima Khramtsov
- Amazing Photos Capture Street Scenes of New York City in the 1990s
- Incredible Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Australia 2021 Photo Contest
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- The Superb 3D Digital Experimental Artworks by ☽༒༓N3XTgE№BR0K3R༓༒☾
- Amazing Black-and-White Photos of Amsterdam Taken by Dutch Painter George Hendrik Breitner
- This Artist Can Sneak Her Cats Into Any Painting And It’s Hilarious