Can This Surf Gear Prevent Shark Attacks?
Shark Attack Mitigation Systems (SAMS) is a company in Perth, Australia, that has developed a line of wetsuits and surfboards that could prevent shark attacks.
The SAMS technology focuses on the fairly recent discovery that sharks are color blind.
The “Cryptic Swimmer” line uses a blend of blue tones to mimic the movement of water–rendering the surfer invisible to a shark.
The “Warning Swimmer” uses an opposite tactic: High contrasting stripes confuse depth perception and keep the shark from engaging and attacking. The wetsuits will cost $495, and can be seen here.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Wonder Of Illustrating Perpetual Movement in Space From A 1875 Astronomy Book
- Breathtaking WWII Colorized Photos Look Like They Were Taken Yesterday
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Artist Colorizes 50 Old Photos, And It Might Change The Way You Perceive History