Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People
When thinking of 80’s fashion, the words ‘big and bright’ surely sums it up. It was a decade of big hair, padded shoulders, and eye-straining fabric colors and patterns. Fashion in the 1980s was about materialistic values and flaunting wealth. Having the right clothes meant spending extra money to buy designer labels and sports goods with a brand logo.
The 1980s gave rise to more fashion idols than any previous decade. It’s hard to imagine now, but in the 80s there were no cell phones or internet. TV offered only a few channels, and watching a movie was a luxury. After television, magazines, and advertising were the average person’s main source of fashion information.
Limited exposure gave a select group of celebrities, music bands, and eighties clothing brands the opening to exert a significant influence on 80’s fashion trends.
These fascinating black and white photos were taken by John Phillips that show street fashion of young people in the 1980s. The cities include London (England), Aberdeen (Scotland), Paris (France), Granada (Spain), Paros island (Greece).
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Artist Paints In A Hyperrealistic Style And Some Of Her Works Look Like Photos, While Others Look Like Dreams
- “All Our Wrong Todays”: The Colossal Worlds Of Nicolas Bouvier
- Stunning Black and White Photos of Chicago in 1988
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- The Mind-Boggling Hyperrealistic Pencil Drawings By Alessandro Paglia
- This Home Baker’s Gorgeous Rye Bread Could Start A Revolution
- “Iconic Covers”: Russian Designer Represents Famous Album Covers as Icons
- The Stunning Art Of George Redreev
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953