Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People
When thinking of 80’s fashion, the words ‘big and bright’ surely sums it up. It was a decade of big hair, padded shoulders, and eye-straining fabric colors and patterns. Fashion in the 1980s was about materialistic values and flaunting wealth. Having the right clothes meant spending extra money to buy designer labels and sports goods with a brand logo.
The 1980s gave rise to more fashion idols than any previous decade. It’s hard to imagine now, but in the 80s there were no cell phones or internet. TV offered only a few channels, and watching a movie was a luxury. After television, magazines, and advertising were the average person’s main source of fashion information.
Limited exposure gave a select group of celebrities, music bands, and eighties clothing brands the opening to exert a significant influence on 80’s fashion trends.
These fascinating black and white photos were taken by John Phillips that show street fashion of young people in the 1980s. The cities include London (England), Aberdeen (Scotland), Paris (France), Granada (Spain), Paros island (Greece).
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Men’s Fashion 2021 Collection
- “Gothic Times”: Artist Spends 14 Months Creating The Most Incredible Ghost Pirate Ship Sculpture
- Teach Yourself to Draw with The Help of The Man Who Influenced Walt Disney, 1913
- Contrasting Portraits Show How A Smile Can Change Your Perception Of Someone
- Simple, Ingenious, And Amusing: Blackwork Tattoos By Ilya Brezinsk
- Employee Cleverly Trolls Her Boss Who Is Never Happy About The Way She’s Dressed For Work
- Brutal 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Touring Berlinetta
- Russian Janitor’s Mock GQ Photoshoot Pays Off
- Controversial Photos Inside The Homes Of Russia’s Ultrarich Show The Country’s Problem With Wealth Inequality
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers