Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People
When thinking of 80’s fashion, the words ‘big and bright’ surely sums it up. It was a decade of big hair, padded shoulders, and eye-straining fabric colors and patterns. Fashion in the 1980s was about materialistic values and flaunting wealth. Having the right clothes meant spending extra money to buy designer labels and sports goods with a brand logo.
The 1980s gave rise to more fashion idols than any previous decade. It’s hard to imagine now, but in the 80s there were no cell phones or internet. TV offered only a few channels, and watching a movie was a luxury. After television, magazines, and advertising were the average person’s main source of fashion information.
Limited exposure gave a select group of celebrities, music bands, and eighties clothing brands the opening to exert a significant influence on 80’s fashion trends.
These fascinating black and white photos were taken by John Phillips that show street fashion of young people in the 1980s. The cities include London (England), Aberdeen (Scotland), Paris (France), Granada (Spain), Paros island (Greece).
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Gorgeous Moody & Stylish Female Portrait Photography By Danny Batista
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- Bizarre Vintage Photos Of Steam Engines After A Boiler Explosion From The Late 19th And Early 20th Centuries
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror