Thought-Provoking Illustrations By Elia Colombo Might Take A Minute To Understand
The world, especially in the crazy year of 2020, never fails to leave room for social criticism—it’s like you don’t even have to try hard to find things you can ironically poke at. Italian artist Elia Colombo, known to social media as “gebelia,” transfers the flaws of our modern society to conceptual illustrations. They are uncomfortable, thought-provoking, and with a good dose of irony and humor.
Colombo has been preparing more food for thought since our last post about his artwork, so we hope that your mind is hungry.
“2019 was a controversial year. I’ve been splitted between hard working times and ruinous personal projects. I experienced the love and the hate of the community, as well as the privilege of getting censored. All of this strengthened my perception of the social media phenomenon and my opinion on mass intelligence: they’re mostly unaware, mastered by fear and ignorance. 2020 is right behind the corner: I wish you all the best for the upcoming decade.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The ’80s Hairdos: One of the Sexiest Hairstyles of All Time
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Artist Places Iconic Horror Characters Into Classic Disney’s Mickey Mouse Cartoons
- Robot Dogs Are Remarkably Easy To Defeat Thanks To These Weak Spots
- Designer Lydia Cambron Transforms Brand Logos into Protest Messages
- Futuristic and Retro, Hyundai Transforms First-Generation 1975 Pony with Electric Powertrain
- Graphic Art Between Renaissance And Modernity
- Spectacular Winning Images of The 2021 World Press Photo Contest
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s