Thought-Provoking Illustrations By Elia Colombo Might Take A Minute To Understand
The world, especially in the crazy year of 2020, never fails to leave room for social criticism—it’s like you don’t even have to try hard to find things you can ironically poke at. Italian artist Elia Colombo, known to social media as “gebelia,” transfers the flaws of our modern society to conceptual illustrations. They are uncomfortable, thought-provoking, and with a good dose of irony and humor.
Colombo has been preparing more food for thought since our last post about his artwork, so we hope that your mind is hungry.
“2019 was a controversial year. I’ve been splitted between hard working times and ruinous personal projects. I experienced the love and the hate of the community, as well as the privilege of getting censored. All of this strengthened my perception of the social media phenomenon and my opinion on mass intelligence: they’re mostly unaware, mastered by fear and ignorance. 2020 is right behind the corner: I wish you all the best for the upcoming decade.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- The Winners Of Hasselblad Masters 2021 Photo Competition
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Fascinating Black and White Pictures of New York Street Life in the Late 1960s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers