Thought-Provoking Illustrations By Elia Colombo Might Take A Minute To Understand
The world, especially in the crazy year of 2020, never fails to leave room for social criticism—it’s like you don’t even have to try hard to find things you can ironically poke at. Italian artist Elia Colombo, known to social media as “gebelia,” transfers the flaws of our modern society to conceptual illustrations. They are uncomfortable, thought-provoking, and with a good dose of irony and humor.
Colombo has been preparing more food for thought since our last post about his artwork, so we hope that your mind is hungry.
“2019 was a controversial year. I’ve been splitted between hard working times and ruinous personal projects. I experienced the love and the hate of the community, as well as the privilege of getting censored. All of this strengthened my perception of the social media phenomenon and my opinion on mass intelligence: they’re mostly unaware, mastered by fear and ignorance. 2020 is right behind the corner: I wish you all the best for the upcoming decade.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Before the Photoshop Era, Here Are What Manipulated Photos Looked Like in the Early 20th Century
- “Jesus Is Everywhere” Project Photoshops Jesus In Everyday Situations
- GCDS 2021 Calendar Viva L’Italia by Nadia Lee Cohen
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- “Ulm Nest”: Sleep Capsules Are Designed to Protect Ulm Homeless People from Freezing to Death
- Hilariously Bad Celebrity Portraits by Twitter Picasso
- Gorgeous Beachwear And Lingerie Photography By Bonnie Cee
- Photographer’s Stunning Shots of Gorgeous Mountain Temple Look Straight out Of an Anime