Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
Fashion of the 1980s placed heavy emphasis on cheap clothes and fashion accessories and very big poofy hair. Apparel tended to be very bright and vivid in appearance. Punk fashion began as a reaction against both the hippie movement of the past decades and the materialist values of the current decade.
The first half of the decade was relatively tame in comparison to the second half, which is when the iconic 1980s color scheme had come into popularity.
Hair in the 1980s was typically big, curly, bouffant and heavily styled. Television shows such as Dynasty helped popularize the high volume bouffant and glamorous image associated with it.
Women in the 1980s wore bright, heavy makeup. Everyday fashion in the 1980s consisted of light-colored lips, dark and thick eyelashes, and pink or red rouge (otherwise known as blush).
These vintage photos were found by Steven Martin that show what fashion styles of young women looked like in the 1980s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Fascinating Nostalgic Black and White Photos of Daily Life in Michigan in 1970s and ’80s
- This Guy Makes 3D Printed Helmets For His Cat
- The Mind’s Dream and its Monsters: Creepy Illustrations by Daniel Peacock
- Inspirational Female Portraits by Eva Balloon
- “I Paint Big B”: The Fantasy Beauties of Zumi
- Dave Burke’s Superb Acid Art
- Cutest ‘Angular’ Animals and Characters by Nathan Pangilinan