“Russian Riviera”: Resort City of Yalta in Stunning Photos by Martin Parr
Gay guys on the shore of the Black Sea
Images from a British photographer Martin Parr who visited Yalta, Ukraine, in summer 1995. At that time, Ukrainian Crimea was still absolutely Soviet, people on the photos look exactly like the ones from the Soviet epoch with lots of interest in all possible western stuff. However, the transformation had already begun and the author captured that vibe.
Martin Parr is a British documentary photographer, photojournalist and photobook collector. He is known for his photographic projects that take an intimate, satirical and anthropological look at aspects of modern life, in particular documenting the social classes of England, and more broadly the wealth of the Western world. Previously featured here and here.
More: Martin Parr
Russian prostitutes in a hotel
Mafia member and his family
State country house of Leonid Brezhnev, back then anyone could enter the house and spend some time there.
Brezhnev’s country house (dacha)
Dacha of Brezhnev
Russian arms dealer on the tennis court of an old sanatorium in Gurzuf.
Dacha of Brezhnev. Ex-training specialist of combat dolphins
Soldiers from a military sanatorium
Mercedes should be protected from the sun!
Dancers in the hotel “Yalta Intourist”
Former military sanatorium in Gurzuf
Brezhnev’s state summer house
Martin Parr – self-portrait
Mafia member and his security in the background
Tourists from Germany
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- A Russian Photographer Gazes at Our Excessive Consumption
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror