The Body-Painting Illusions of Gesine Marwedel
Gesine Marwedel (previously) is a talented body-painting artist who has the power to transform the naked bodies of her models into mind-bending optical illusions.
From swans, to owls, to dolphins, there doesn’t seem to be anything that German artist Gesine Marwedel can’t morph her models into, using body paint. But while most of her works are illusory in nature, obscuring parts of the human body, while transforming others into something new entirely, some are simply abstract works of art, with a deeper meaning.
Having studied Rehabilitation Science in university, Marwedel has been trying to help sick children through creative therapies like painting and music, and has even published a book on the therapeutic benefits of body-painting.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “All Our Wrong Todays”: The Colossal Worlds Of Nicolas Bouvier
- This Artist Paints In A Hyperrealistic Style And Some Of Her Works Look Like Photos, While Others Look Like Dreams
- The Mind-Boggling Hyperrealistic Pencil Drawings By Alessandro Paglia
- Stunning Black and White Photos of Chicago in 1988
- This Home Baker’s Gorgeous Rye Bread Could Start A Revolution
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- The Stunning Art Of George Redreev
- How To Take Care Of A Sad Person In Ten Easy Steps
- This Artist Uses Makeup To Create Art On Her Face