The Body-Painting Illusions of Gesine Marwedel
Gesine Marwedel (previously) is a talented body-painting artist who has the power to transform the naked bodies of her models into mind-bending optical illusions.
From swans, to owls, to dolphins, there doesn’t seem to be anything that German artist Gesine Marwedel can’t morph her models into, using body paint. But while most of her works are illusory in nature, obscuring parts of the human body, while transforming others into something new entirely, some are simply abstract works of art, with a deeper meaning.
Having studied Rehabilitation Science in university, Marwedel has been trying to help sick children through creative therapies like painting and music, and has even published a book on the therapeutic benefits of body-painting.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Our Deepest Darkest Fears Turned Into Terrifying Cartoons
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Artist Studies Psychoanalysis And Visualize The States Of The Subconscious In Her Bizarre Sculptures
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers