The Body-Painting Illusions of Gesine Marwedel
Gesine Marwedel (previously) is a talented body-painting artist who has the power to transform the naked bodies of her models into mind-bending optical illusions.
From swans, to owls, to dolphins, there doesn’t seem to be anything that German artist Gesine Marwedel can’t morph her models into, using body paint. But while most of her works are illusory in nature, obscuring parts of the human body, while transforming others into something new entirely, some are simply abstract works of art, with a deeper meaning.
Having studied Rehabilitation Science in university, Marwedel has been trying to help sick children through creative therapies like painting and music, and has even published a book on the therapeutic benefits of body-painting.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Winning Photographs From The 2020 International Photography Awards
- “Russian Riviera”: Resort City of Yalta in Stunning Photos by Martin Parr
- Before She Was Famous, Marilyn Monroe Was Paid Just $10 an Hour to Pose for Pin-up Artist Earl Moran in the Late 1940s
- This Korean Tattoo Artist Creates Tattoo Cover-Up Masterpieces!
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Tokyo International Foto Awards 2020
- Attractive Female Portraits By Natalia Ivanova That Show How Diverse And Beautiful Humans Are
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s
- Everyday Things That Look Totally Different Under A Microscope
- Illustrations That Reveal Our Weird Social Media Lives
- Design Crowd Issued A Challenge To Create The Worst Ad, And The Contestants Have Delivered