Here’s How People From The Past Imagined The Future
An Artists Depiction Of The Future, Painted In 1930
Let’s face it – most of us would like to see what the future holds. And while that’s not really possible, it did not stop some people in the past from trying – often with some pretty optimistic results.
When it comes to predictions of the future, it’s a hit-or-miss situation – while some people actually managed to predict it rather accurately, many of them look pretty hilarious today. From rolling bakeries to luxurious flying hotels – check out a collection of future predictions from the past in the gallery below!
1940s Vision Of Food Delivery Future
Self Driving Cars Of The Future, Circa 1960
We Really Messed Up
The Future Of Phones, 1956
A Fifties Navigation System. Don’t Know Who Imagined This But I Love It!
1970s Futuristic Concept For Jetliner Air Travel
Television Newspaper – Some Day You May Be Able To Receive The Front Page Of Your Morning Newspaper This Way
James Bond Receives A “Text” Via His Smartwatch In The Spy Who Loved Me
‘Ship’s Cat’ By Keith Spangle
1981 Vision Of Suburbia After There’s No More Room Left For Suburbs
How NASA Imagined Life In Space
1969 Japanese Vision Of The Future Classroom, The Odd Part Is That Included Small Robots To Rap Students On The Head When Misbehaving
Fashions Of 1950, As Predicted On The Cover Of Life Magazine In 1914
Futuristic Road Trip With The Family (Bruce Mccall)
VR In 1989
Home Shopping In The 1940s
Soviet Vision Of The Future In The 1930s
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures