Photographer Captures Beautiful Polish Folklore Costumes In A Painting-Like Style
According to a photographer Anna Węcel: “My name is Anna Węcel, and I show the beautiful Polish folklore in a painterly way. I’m a children’s photographer from Poznań, who created a “Painterly folklore project”. The project aims to show how beautiful, varied, and colorful folk costumes from different regions of Poland are.
In cooperation with the children’s folklore group Cepelia Poznań, I created a gallery of beautiful paintings showing children in folk costumes from various regions. In the pictures you can admire costumes from regions such as: Żywiec, Warmia, Kujawy, Cieszyn, Krakow, Orawa, Wielkopolska, Lublin, Kalisz, Łowicz.
Even costumes from the same region can be very different. In the photos, the children look as if they were painted, and that was my goal. As a child, I was a dancer of the children’s folklore group Cepelia Poznań for 8 years. Now my daughter is dancing in the band. Sentiment to folklore, the roots, and the beauty of the history of my own country made me decide to present to the whole world how beautiful it looks in Poland.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Photos of the Third Generation of the Ford Thunderbird, 1961-1963
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- Artist Alexander Orlov Reimagined Famous Brand Logos in a New Futuristic Way
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Vintage Cars, Palms & Backyard Pools in Californian Inspired Paintings by Danny Heller
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism