Shocking Before and After Composite Portraits of Drug Abuse
London-based photographer Roman Sakovich gives us a glimpse of the drastic visual differences that substance abuse can cause in his series titled Half. By splitting his subjects’ style choices and physical appearances straight down the middle of their portraits, the photographer presents a before and after composite image that shows us two timelines—one of the addict (on the right) and one of the non-user who still has the choice to change his or her fate.
While you might think that a great deal of Photoshop was used to produce each image, Sakovich says that most of the effects were created in-camera. The transformations were accomplished with skilled costuming and makeup design rather than post splicing and merging. The result is an eye-opening look at the damaging effects of drug abuse, especially meth addiction which is known to have a considerable amount of impact on one’s physical appearance. While the photographer admits it is a stereotypical and perhaps superficial look at substance abuse, it is, nonetheless, effective.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Adorable German Shorthair Assumes Many Different Looks And Poses In Whimsical Photo Series
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- Mind-Blowing Before And After Pictures Of Makeup Makeovers
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- Terrible Rough Drafts from Your Favorite Movies
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species