People On This Group Are Sharing Examples Of ‘Urban Hell’ That Look Like A Dystopian Movie But Are Sadly Real
The Annual Monsoon Ritual Of Mumbai’s Ocean Giving Back What Has Been Dumped In It
Not every building is as beautiful as the Palace of Versailles. Or blends into its surroundings as well as the Macallan Distillery. On the contrary, there are many structures across the world looking like outcasts that will fall apart during the next storm.
In some places, they aren’t isolated examples, either — even an entire neighborhood can be an abomination. And you can find them on r/UrbanHell.
It’s a photography subreddit of “all the hideous places human beings built or inhabit.” The online community invites everyone who wants to explore the darker side of the cities, towns, and villages in our shared world and welcomes any photos which show either ugliness, or a problem in urban development. Rural and suburban nightmares are also allowed.
Hong Kong Street Life
About half of the global population already lives in cities, and by 2050, two-thirds of the world’s people are expected to live in urban areas. But as you can see from some of the photos in r/UrbanHell, in cities, two of the most pressing problems facing the world today also come together: poverty and environmental degradation.
New Delhi – During Lockdown vs. Now
Bad urban development isn’t just ugly aesthetics. It’s also poor air and water quality, insufficient water availability, waste-disposal problems, and high energy consumption, all of which are exacerbated by the increasing population density and demands of urban environments. Strong city planning is essential in managing these and other difficulties as the world’s urban areas grow.
Some of the biggest problems caused by urbanization are:
– Intensive urban growth can lead to greater poverty, with local governments unable to provide services for all people;
– Concentrated energy use. It leads to greater air pollution with a significant impact on human health;
– Automobile exhaust produces elevated lead levels in urban air;
– Large volumes of uncollected waste create multiple health hazards;
– Urban development can magnify the risk of environmental hazards such as flash flooding;
– Pollution and physical barriers to root growth promote loss of urban tree cover;
– Animal populations are inhibited by toxic substances, vehicles, and the loss of habitat and food sources.
Solutions might include:
– Combat poverty by promoting economic development and job creation;
– Involve local community in local government;
– Reduce air pollution by upgrading energy use and alternative transport systems;
– Create private-public partnerships to provide services such as waste disposal and housing;
– Plant trees and incorporate the care of city green spaces as a key element in urban planning.
– Ultimately, cities can bring us obstacles and opportunities as well as freedom and captivity, and it’s up to us to get the most out of them.
Uae Nad Al Sheba III Neighborhood
It’s Baffling How Fast It Changes
People Offering Prayers At River Yamuna, India, Which Is Frothing From Industrial Waste
Hotel In Łodz, Poland
An Interesting Perspective I’ve Stumbled Upon In Macau A Year Ago
Before And After A Desert Is Turned Into A Soulless Suburb Of A Desert. Jk, Its A Single Photo Of Arizona
Not A Very Romantic Scene
People Living Next To A Helicoidal Street In Chongqing
Kowloon Peninsula, Hong Kong. Comparison Of 1964 – 2016
Electrical Wiring And Water Pipes In A Brazilian Favela
Johannesburg, South Africa
Literally, Just Thanksgiving Traffic In LA
Private Houses On The Roof Of An Eight-Story Mall In Zhūzhōu, China
Downtown Seattle, In The Heart Of The Retail District
Progressive Insurance’s Call Center
All Residents Of Whittier, Alaska Live Inside One Building
Ghost City In China, Made To Be A Replica Of Paris – Tianducheng
One More Lane Will Fix It
Somewhere In Brazil In The 90’s
Baghdad Between Then And Now!
Billionnaire Vijay Mallya’s Mansion Atop A Skyscraper In Bangalore, India
The Capital Of California
Dubai, The Hollow City Of Artificiality
Mirny In Siberia, Russia
Ah, Good Old Car Culture…
Block 23, New Belgrade, Serbia
16-Lane Highway Built Through The Downtown Where A Market Square Used To Be In Moscow, Russia
Southwest Us Developers:
More Inspiring Stories
|Reliable Web Hosting|
You Can Trust
|The high-end, dedicated packages have everything you’d expect: Web Hosting - $7.49/mo; Reseller Hosting - $13.49/mo; VPS Hosting - $14.95/mo; Dedicated Servers - $119.00/mo.|