This Artist Creates Thought-Provoking Illustrations About Modern Day Issues
FadiToOn (Fadi Abou Hassan) is a widely published and award-winning freelance cartoonist. He lived as a refugee in Syria until the uprising in 2011, and is known for his many cartoons commenting on the everyday life and political events in Syria and the Middle East in general. His cartoons focus on human rights, women’s rights, and political violence taking place in the country. He is very critical of the political elite in Syria.
“I am a widely published and award-winning cartoonist/illustrator currently based in the UK.
I work as the organizer of “Children in war,” an international cartoon exhibition focused on the suffering of children in war and conflict areas. The exhibition is produced in cooperation with the Norwegian cartoonists’ Gallery, Norway 2015.
My cartoons have been published in various print and online outlets, including Al-Quds (Jerusalem), Al-Arabi (London), The New Arab (London), Alroya (Muscat, Oman), Al-Seyassah (Kuwait), Amta (Norway), Samora (Norway), Numer (Norway), Samtiden (Norway), Courrier International (Paris), Le Monde (Paris), New Internationalist (Amsterdam), Aljazeera.net (Qatar), Amnesty International’s website (Denmark), and Toon pool (Germany). I also published my cartoons online on the Dutch website Cartoon Movement and on the French website Cartooning for Peace. I’m also editor-in-chief of Cartoon Home Network International.
My cartoons have been exhibited in different cities, like Drobak, Oslo, Amsterdam, The Hague, Paris, Trento, Ramallah, Lisbon, Madrid, Meknes, Damascus, Tokyo, Rome, Doha, etc. In June 2018 I won the third prize of the World Press Cartoon, (One of the most important international cartoon festivals in the world), in Portugal. In September 2018 I won the Third Prize of the political cartoons contest ‘Libex 2018 in Italy.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Creates Brilliant Comics For People Who Like Dark Humor
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Low Resolution Pets Behind Pixelated Glass Doors
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Nikon Small World 2021