Some Of Hollywood’s Most Beautiful Women Have Been Given A Shocking Bloody Make-Over To Highlight Domestic Violence
Stars including Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, Angelina Jolie, Miley Cyrus, Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Emma Watson were made up to look like bruised and battered victims of domestic violence by artist and activist aleXsandro Palombo, for the No Women is Immune from Domestic Violence project.
In the series of shocking images, Palombo aimed to persuade all victims of abuse to break the silence and raise awareness that no women is immune to abuse, even if you are a celebrity.
Each of their (fake) battered faces have been plastered on posters with the same message: “Life can be a fairytale if you break the silence. No woman is immune from domestic abuse. #Stopviolenceagainstwomen.”
Speaking about the campaign, which he has been sharing across social media, he said: “The biggest accomplice of violence is the silence, a silence which every year kills or causes permanent disability more than diseases or accidents.”
“Domestic violence is a social cancer that knows no boundaries nor social status, it can affect anyone, whether you’re an ordinary person or a celebrity.”
“To defeat him you need to use the antidote of culture by educating and raising awareness on Respect and Equality. Each of us has do their part to help increase awareness and to change things by any means.”
The contemporary artist and activist is well-known for using his art to raise awareness about serious social and cultural issues.
In light of the International Day for Elimination of Violence, Palombo decided to use his skills to depict some of the top celebrities of our time as battered victims.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Japanese Twitter Falls In Meme Love With Perfectly Timed Photo Of One-Punch Shiba Inu
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- Artist Visualizes Freddie Mercury As The Protagonist Of Vintage Comic Book Covers
- Riikka Hyvönen Captures The Beauty Of Bruises In Giant Artworks
- “Light & Shadow”: Dreamy Illustrations By Lê Long
- Ecuadorian Police Save Tiny Terrified Sloth in Most Adorable Highway Rescue Ever
- These Creepy And Disturbing Vintage Easter Bunny Photos That Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- Striking Urban And Street Photography By Alfonso León