Some Of Hollywood’s Most Beautiful Women Have Been Given A Shocking Bloody Make-Over To Highlight Domestic Violence
Stars including Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, Angelina Jolie, Miley Cyrus, Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Emma Watson were made up to look like bruised and battered victims of domestic violence by artist and activist aleXsandro Palombo, for the No Women is Immune from Domestic Violence project.
In the series of shocking images, Palombo aimed to persuade all victims of abuse to break the silence and raise awareness that no women is immune to abuse, even if you are a celebrity.
Each of their (fake) battered faces have been plastered on posters with the same message: “Life can be a fairytale if you break the silence. No woman is immune from domestic abuse. #Stopviolenceagainstwomen.”
Speaking about the campaign, which he has been sharing across social media, he said: “The biggest accomplice of violence is the silence, a silence which every year kills or causes permanent disability more than diseases or accidents.”
“Domestic violence is a social cancer that knows no boundaries nor social status, it can affect anyone, whether you’re an ordinary person or a celebrity.”
“To defeat him you need to use the antidote of culture by educating and raising awareness on Respect and Equality. Each of us has do their part to help increase awareness and to change things by any means.”
The contemporary artist and activist is well-known for using his art to raise awareness about serious social and cultural issues.
In light of the International Day for Elimination of Violence, Palombo decided to use his skills to depict some of the top celebrities of our time as battered victims.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- Nothing More Inspiring than Disney Princesses as Hotdogs
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Adorable Lizard Uses Blossoming Rose as a Comfy Bed
- Artist Reimagines 5 Disney Fathers As Real Dads, And They’re Hella Handsome
- Italy-based Artist Cristina Guggeri Shows World Leaders Pooping In New Series Of Images Called “The Daily Duty”
- Guy Finds Abandoned Graveyard Of Supercars In UAE
- 20 Winners Of The Greatest Photoshop Battles Ever
- Amazing Pictures Taken at Exactly the Right Moment
- Beautiful Goldie Hawn’s “Laugh-In” Bikini Photoshoot