San-Zhi – The Abandoned Pod Village in Taiwan
San Zhi, Taiwan is an abandoned vacation resort on the northern coast of Taiwan. It was built in the early 1980s, but construction of the futuristic resort ceased after a series of fatal accidents.
Even though it never opened as a vacation resort, San Zhi can still be toured. The strange pod-like buildings act as a tourist attraction. The colors of the pod-like buildings depend on their location. The buildings in the west are green, in the east pink, in the south blue, and in the north white.
Recently on Design You Trust
- Products of The Day #421
- A New Comic-inspired Mural by Street Artist Deih for UpNorth-Festival in Sulitjelma // Norway
- The World’s Largest Outdoor Mural Created by Street Artists Ella & Pitr in Klepp, Norway
- “Invisible New Yorkers” – A New Mural by German Street Artists “The Weird Crew” in Brooklyn // NYC
- Miniature Food Art Created on Spoons by Romanian Artist Ioana Vanc
- “Never Bring Sand To The Beach” – feat. Model Samii Ryan by Photographer Martin Murillo
- Adorable Portraits of Hip Hop Icons (Jay Z, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar + more) by German Artist Ivan Beslic
- No. 5065 Scooter
- Setting Up a 3-Star Michelin Plate