6 Little Secrets To Help You Look Absolutely Perfect On Photographs
Photographs can capture any moment of time and save it forever. Perhaps that’s why everybody wants to look perfect on camera. It’s such a wonderful feeling when you look at old snaps of yourself and think, ’I look great here!’
We believe that everybody can look perfect on camera — you just need to know a few simple rules and stick to them. To help you, here’s a great visual guide from professional photographer Jodee Ball which reveals some of the most basic errors people make in photographs — and how to improve them to make sure you look great.
Strike a carefree pose
Making an ’S’ shape with your body is a great pose which makes you look far more relaxed, as it has no ideal symmetry and helps you loose that wooden, soldier-like look. Also, it’s worth paying attention to your arms — it’s better to put only your thumbs in your pockets rather than your entire hand.
Turn your body away from the camera by about three quarters
If you want to look leaner on camera, you should avoid having straight shoulders, and instead turn your body away from the lens by about three quarters. In the second shot above, the model’s two hands are in view, on her hip area. These little tricks help to make your pose more graceful.
Be careful with your hands
Sometimes it’s a good idea to touch your face in a photograph. In this case, though, it’s very important not to turn your palm to face the camera. Instead, it should replicate the contours of your face.
Lower your shoulders
Lowering your shoulder at an angle will make your neck seem longer and give an overall more relaxed impression. Moreover, do not hide your hands. In the second image above, the model’s hands have been placed close to her elbows — this looks a lot better.
Bend your knee
If you’re being photographed from the side, don’t forget about adopting a pose in the shape of an ’S’. Just bend your knee a little and lower your shoulders. This will make you look both slimmer and more relaxed.
Tilt your head slightly
You will look better in pretty much every photograph provided you don’t stare straight at the camera, and turn your body slightly away from the lens. If you also tilt your head, it makes it look as though you are looking up at the camera from below. This is a simple trick which will work wonders for how well you photograph.
h/t: brightside, jpballphotography
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Amazing ‘Before’ And ‘After’ Photos: Make-Up Artist Transforms A Face Without The Use Of Photoshop
- Stop Illegal Wildlife Trade
- Photographer Playing With The Female Human Form In NSFW Thought-Provoking Photos
- Welcome To Heimat: An Enchanted NSFW Trip Through Bavaria With Photographer Ellen Von Unwerth
- See The Optical Illusion Noise-Canceling Headphone Ads That Got Cannes Listening
- Sensual And Dreamy NSFW Feminine Photography By Ilona Shevchishina
- The Artistic Selfies Of Ivanka Danisova, Slovakian Lady Born With Half Face
- The ‘Real’ New York: Gritty Scenes Of NYC Street Life In The 1970s
- More Than 4,000 Photographs From The D-Day Invasion Of Normandy Are Now Available Online
- This Bookstore In Chinese City Of Suzhou Becomes A Wonderland
- Guy Paints Over Shit Graffiti And Makes It Legible
- Chilling Look At The Ordinary Cars ISIS Have Transformed Into ‘Mad Max’ Deadly Bombs
- Photographer Captured The Incredible Scene Of The Tiny Ant Hauling A Huge Bee
- Artist Turns Stretch Marks And Other Body “Flaws” Into Stunning Art, But Not Everyone Finds It Beautiful
- Out Of This World: Magnificent Entries For The UK Astronomy Photographer Of The Year 2017
- Hong-Kong Artist Chuchu Creates Outrageously Gorgeous Sculptural Hats
- Models Become Their Favorite Foods In Photographic Series
- Colombian Daredevil Dog Skydives For Military Training
- 80’s Young Fashion: Color Photos Of US Teen Girls During The 1980s
- Everyday Lives Of Villagers In Indonesia Captured In Heartwarming Photos
- Photographer Felix Hernandez Goes Back To The Future With A Retro-Influenced Photo Series
- A Look Back At Playboy Bunny Girls
- The Hyperreal Whale Beached The Banks Of The Seine River To Raise Environmental Awareness