6 Little Secrets To Help You Look Absolutely Perfect On Photographs
Photographs can capture any moment of time and save it forever. Perhaps that’s why everybody wants to look perfect on camera. It’s such a wonderful feeling when you look at old snaps of yourself and think, ’I look great here!’
We believe that everybody can look perfect on camera — you just need to know a few simple rules and stick to them. To help you, here’s a great visual guide from professional photographer Jodee Ball which reveals some of the most basic errors people make in photographs — and how to improve them to make sure you look great.
Strike a carefree pose
Making an ’S’ shape with your body is a great pose which makes you look far more relaxed, as it has no ideal symmetry and helps you loose that wooden, soldier-like look. Also, it’s worth paying attention to your arms — it’s better to put only your thumbs in your pockets rather than your entire hand.
Turn your body away from the camera by about three quarters
If you want to look leaner on camera, you should avoid having straight shoulders, and instead turn your body away from the lens by about three quarters. In the second shot above, the model’s two hands are in view, on her hip area. These little tricks help to make your pose more graceful.
Be careful with your hands
Sometimes it’s a good idea to touch your face in a photograph. In this case, though, it’s very important not to turn your palm to face the camera. Instead, it should replicate the contours of your face.
Lower your shoulders
Lowering your shoulder at an angle will make your neck seem longer and give an overall more relaxed impression. Moreover, do not hide your hands. In the second image above, the model’s hands have been placed close to her elbows — this looks a lot better.
Bend your knee
If you’re being photographed from the side, don’t forget about adopting a pose in the shape of an ’S’. Just bend your knee a little and lower your shoulders. This will make you look both slimmer and more relaxed.
Tilt your head slightly
You will look better in pretty much every photograph provided you don’t stare straight at the camera, and turn your body slightly away from the lens. If you also tilt your head, it makes it look as though you are looking up at the camera from below. This is a simple trick which will work wonders for how well you photograph.
h/t: brightside, jpballphotography
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 44,371 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 9,824 - Photography
- These Russian Social Media Profile Pictures Will Blow Your Mind With Photoshop Magic Views today: 3,878 - Inspirations
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 2,260 - Photography
- Hilarious Childhood Hairstyles From The 1980s And Early ’90s You’ve Ever Seen Views today: 1,876 - Inspirations
- Action Figure Collector Turns His Toys Into A Funny Visual Diary Views today: 1,539 - Inspirations
- A Fascinating NSFW Look At Your Organs From The Inside Out Views today: 1,389 - Photography
- Steer Clear: A Collection Of Sketchy Looking Vans Views today: 1,197 - Inspirations
- The Lost Tribes Of Tierra Del Fuego: Rare And Haunting Photos Of Selk’nam People Posing With Their Traditional Body-Painting Views today: 1,064 - Travel
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 878 - Inspirations
- Bizarre Hospital Images From A Very Strange Cache Of Japanese Stock Photos Views today: 855 - Inspirations
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 824 - Photography
- Man Creates “Passive-Aggressive Art Gallery” For His Roommate’s Mes Views today: 778 - Inspirations
- Illustrations You’ll Love If You Agree That Being A Woman Is Hard Views today: 764 - Inspirations
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 748 - Inspirations