6 Little Secrets To Help You Look Absolutely Perfect On Photographs
Photographs can capture any moment of time and save it forever. Perhaps that’s why everybody wants to look perfect on camera. It’s such a wonderful feeling when you look at old snaps of yourself and think, ’I look great here!’
We believe that everybody can look perfect on camera — you just need to know a few simple rules and stick to them. To help you, here’s a great visual guide from professional photographer Jodee Ball which reveals some of the most basic errors people make in photographs — and how to improve them to make sure you look great.
Strike a carefree pose
Making an ’S’ shape with your body is a great pose which makes you look far more relaxed, as it has no ideal symmetry and helps you loose that wooden, soldier-like look. Also, it’s worth paying attention to your arms — it’s better to put only your thumbs in your pockets rather than your entire hand.
Turn your body away from the camera by about three quarters
If you want to look leaner on camera, you should avoid having straight shoulders, and instead turn your body away from the lens by about three quarters. In the second shot above, the model’s two hands are in view, on her hip area. These little tricks help to make your pose more graceful.
Be careful with your hands
Sometimes it’s a good idea to touch your face in a photograph. In this case, though, it’s very important not to turn your palm to face the camera. Instead, it should replicate the contours of your face.
Lower your shoulders
Lowering your shoulder at an angle will make your neck seem longer and give an overall more relaxed impression. Moreover, do not hide your hands. In the second image above, the model’s hands have been placed close to her elbows — this looks a lot better.
Bend your knee
If you’re being photographed from the side, don’t forget about adopting a pose in the shape of an ’S’. Just bend your knee a little and lower your shoulders. This will make you look both slimmer and more relaxed.
Tilt your head slightly
You will look better in pretty much every photograph provided you don’t stare straight at the camera, and turn your body slightly away from the lens. If you also tilt your head, it makes it look as though you are looking up at the camera from below. This is a simple trick which will work wonders for how well you photograph.
h/t: brightside, jpballphotography
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- This Guy Makes A DIY Axe Handle Out Of Gummy Bears
- Arctic Expedition Discover Mysterious Hole Cut Into The Ice
- Bizarre Apex Predator Shoes Get A Full Tooth Implant For Soles
- Probably, This Is The World’s Most Peaceful Toilet
- Autumn Forest Is Prettiest In Czechia Thanks To Photographer Janek Sedlář
- Bioluminescent Sea Fireflies Glittering Like Diamonds On The Rocks And Sand
- Fine Art Turned Into Clothes Lets You Wear Your Favorite Paintings
- Rio Olympics Closing Ceremony Ends With Tokyo Prime Minister Dressed As Super Mario
- Artist Creates Exploding Trash Sculptures To Remind Us How Much Stuff We Own
- Amazing Cakes That Look Exactly Like Soft Drink Bottles
- A Flying Aquarium With A 90ft Whale… This Is Actual Size!
- Instead Of Selfies, A Couple Draws Doodles To Document Their Journey
- Sign Of The Times: Protest Signs That Sum Up The Sixties
- Japanese Instagrammer Performs Bicycle Tricks On One Wheel
- Bloggers Show How Their ‘Ideal’ Instagram Photographs Are Taken