6 Little Secrets To Help You Look Absolutely Perfect On Photographs
Photographs can capture any moment of time and save it forever. Perhaps that’s why everybody wants to look perfect on camera. It’s such a wonderful feeling when you look at old snaps of yourself and think, ’I look great here!’
We believe that everybody can look perfect on camera — you just need to know a few simple rules and stick to them. To help you, here’s a great visual guide from professional photographer Jodee Ball which reveals some of the most basic errors people make in photographs — and how to improve them to make sure you look great.
Strike a carefree pose
Making an ’S’ shape with your body is a great pose which makes you look far more relaxed, as it has no ideal symmetry and helps you loose that wooden, soldier-like look. Also, it’s worth paying attention to your arms — it’s better to put only your thumbs in your pockets rather than your entire hand.
Turn your body away from the camera by about three quarters
If you want to look leaner on camera, you should avoid having straight shoulders, and instead turn your body away from the lens by about three quarters. In the second shot above, the model’s two hands are in view, on her hip area. These little tricks help to make your pose more graceful.
Be careful with your hands
Sometimes it’s a good idea to touch your face in a photograph. In this case, though, it’s very important not to turn your palm to face the camera. Instead, it should replicate the contours of your face.
Lower your shoulders
Lowering your shoulder at an angle will make your neck seem longer and give an overall more relaxed impression. Moreover, do not hide your hands. In the second image above, the model’s hands have been placed close to her elbows — this looks a lot better.
Bend your knee
If you’re being photographed from the side, don’t forget about adopting a pose in the shape of an ’S’. Just bend your knee a little and lower your shoulders. This will make you look both slimmer and more relaxed.
Tilt your head slightly
You will look better in pretty much every photograph provided you don’t stare straight at the camera, and turn your body slightly away from the lens. If you also tilt your head, it makes it look as though you are looking up at the camera from below. This is a simple trick which will work wonders for how well you photograph.
h/t: brightside, jpballphotography
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s Views today: 49,175 - Photography
- California’s Failed Utopia Views today: 2,906 - Travel
- Beautiful Photos Of Cuba In 1954 That Looks Like A Country Of Freedom Views today: 1,451 - Travel
- Meet The Tree That Actually Bleeds When It’s Sliced Open Views today: 1,084 - Inspirations
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images Views today: 958 - Photography
- These People Love ‘Friends’ So Much They’ve Got Tattoos Inspired By The Sitcom Views today: 907 - Inspirations
- Finally There’s A Dictionary That Actually Tells The Truth Views today: 903 - Inspirations
- Pain, Tears And Death: Modern World Captured By The Contestants Of The World Press Photo Contest 2017 Views today: 851 - Photography
- Creepy But Amazing Kafka-Inspired Cockroach Backpack Views today: 822 - Design
- Winners Of The 2017 Underwater Photographer Of The Year Views today: 713 - Photography
- Strange, Seductive And Surreal Erotic Photo Montages From 1920-30’s Vienna Views today: 679 - Photography
- Japanese Artist Creates Stunning Mashup Photos Of Superhero Action Figures Views today: 657 - Inspirations
- Rare Photographs Of The Dancing Devils Of Liberia Views today: 595 - Photography
- These Intimate NSFW Fashion Dolls Are Handcrafted To Bare All Views today: 577 - Design
- Let #GandalftheGuide Show You The Beauty Of New Zealand In This Photo Series Views today: 551 - Travel
- Living On The Edge Of The Icelandic Cliffside Retreat Views today: 534 - Architecture
- Russian Photographer Brings Fairytales To Life In Stunning, Breathtaking Images Views today: 528 - Photography
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London Views today: 515 - Inspirations
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 504 - Inspirations
- Artist Rainier Weber Designs Unique Gold-Plated AK47 Chair From Real Rifles Views today: 427 - Design