Overweight Woman Spends 11 Years Photographing Her Body
A photographer’s exploration of her own insecurities, ideals of beauty and love and intimacy in the form of a series of self-portraits taken over 11 years eventually inspired her to lose 110lb.
The photographs Jen Davis began taking of herself in 2002 have been gathered in a new book, 11 Years, which shows her journey in the form of deeply intimate self-portraits. The images will also go on show at the ClampArt gallery in New York City from Thursday.
It was after her series had received critical acclaim and had been showcased around the world in 2011 that Davis realized that her body had not really changed over the years – and neither had she.
Source: The Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- This Guy Makes 3D Printed Helmets For His Cat
- Sad and Happy Moments on the Photos of Boris Register
- Vintage Photos of Ugly Restaurants in the USA From the Mid-20th Century
- Monsters and Some Magic: Fantasy Illustrations by Andrew Mar
- Inspirational Female Portraits by Eva Balloon
- The Mind’s Dream and its Monsters: Creepy Illustrations by Daniel Peacock
- This Artist Crerates Provocative and Bizarre Photo Manipulations