Overweight Woman Spends 11 Years Photographing Her Body
A photographer’s exploration of her own insecurities, ideals of beauty and love and intimacy in the form of a series of self-portraits taken over 11 years eventually inspired her to lose 110lb.
The photographs Jen Davis began taking of herself in 2002 have been gathered in a new book, 11 Years, which shows her journey in the form of deeply intimate self-portraits. The images will also go on show at the ClampArt gallery in New York City from Thursday.
It was after her series had received critical acclaim and had been showcased around the world in 2011 that Davis realized that her body had not really changed over the years – and neither had she.
Source: The Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Leotaurus”: The Epic Example of the Classic Russian Tyre Art
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Artist Creates Mind-Blowing 3D Visuals on The Border of Cyber Culture and Mythology
- The 3D Digital Minimalist Architectural Artworks by Dani Miras
- Digital Illusions and Dark Fantasy Artworks of Rahul Das
- Transmogrified Reality In Futuristic Design Works by Nusi Quero
- This Artist Creates Hilarious Combinations Of Popular Characters In Iconic Scenes
- “Surveillance Society”: The Dark and Intrigue Digital Collages and Photo Works by Omi
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021