Overweight Woman Spends 11 Years Photographing Her Body
A photographer’s exploration of her own insecurities, ideals of beauty and love and intimacy in the form of a series of self-portraits taken over 11 years eventually inspired her to lose 110lb.
The photographs Jen Davis began taking of herself in 2002 have been gathered in a new book, 11 Years, which shows her journey in the form of deeply intimate self-portraits. The images will also go on show at the ClampArt gallery in New York City from Thursday.
It was after her series had received critical acclaim and had been showcased around the world in 2011 that Davis realized that her body had not really changed over the years – and neither had she.
Source: The Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Surreal and Meaningful Illustrations by Lisa Aisato
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Chinese Man Builds 7-Story Home For Dead Brothers
- “Worst Buy” Instagram Account Shows Hilarious Product Parodies
- Urban Photography of Russian Cities Inspired by the Movie “Inception”
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The New Aesthetic of Graphic Design and Typography by Daan Rietbergen
- Slinningsbålet: The Battle For The Biggest Bonfire In The World
- A Gallery of Really Bad Men’s Hairstyles of the 1970s
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s