R1: Innovative Three-Section Low Floor Tram
Uraltransmash Ural Plant of Transport Engineering, a part of Uralvagonzavod Research and Production Corporation, together with Atom Experimental Design Bureau has developed a new three-section low floor tram. This is the first in Russia absolutely low floor tram, unique in our country today.
While creating the R1 concept, the designers followed a special approach to the tram positioning in the urban landscape. Low speed and fixed rail infrastructure make the tram part of the city’s architectural appearance.
Chief designer of the project Alexey Maslov describes his approach with the formula: VEHICLE + ARCHITECTURE = VEHITECTURE.
This synthetic term best reflects the new interdisciplinary space of vehicle design and architecture where the concept of R1 was created. .
Interior configuration is optional and adaptable to the tasks of a particular route and specifics of urban environment. The high level of comfort and the modern visual solution offered by the tram enable it to meet the needs of a large part of the population, who make daily trips from remote areas to the urban city.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Artist Sums Up Our Everyday Lives In These Humorous One-Panel Comics