New Cyberpunk Maid Cafe Opens In Akihabara, Tokyo
Japanese maids in thigh-high stockings are ready to take you to the year 2045. With so many maid cafes in Tokyo it can be hard to pick just one to visit if you’re pressed for time and on a tight itinerary.
Now, though, the choice is easy, as Japan’s most popular maid cafe, Akiba Zettai Ryoiki, has just opened their fourth branch in Akihabara, and this one boasts a cyberpunk-kawaii fusion theme that combines the world of maids with the future.
Akiba Zettai Ryoiki A.D. 2045 opened on 14 March.
The new cafe aims to capture Akihabara’s techno-cool image in its design, taking inspiration from futuristic films like Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Akiba Zettai enlisted the help of Japanese illustrators to bring the cafe together, using their talents to create the artwork on the menu, crockery, and interior wall markings. “Zettai Ryoiki” translates to “absolute territory” and is used to refer to the exposed thigh area between skirt and thigh-high stocking. Like their other branches, the maids here are dressed to show off this “absolute territory”, with these outfits designed by illustrator Ryosuke Fukai.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- University Professor Has Redesigned The Zweibrück Observatory In Germany Into R2-D2
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- 36 Widespread “Truths” That Are Totally Fake
- Remarkable Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree
- The Weird World of Competitive Dog Grooming
- Rare Photos Of Los Angeles Rock Bands, 1978-1989
- This Supercargo Vehicle Is Something Out Of This World