New Cyberpunk Maid Cafe Opens In Akihabara, Tokyo
Japanese maids in thigh-high stockings are ready to take you to the year 2045. With so many maid cafes in Tokyo it can be hard to pick just one to visit if you’re pressed for time and on a tight itinerary.
Now, though, the choice is easy, as Japan’s most popular maid cafe, Akiba Zettai Ryoiki, has just opened their fourth branch in Akihabara, and this one boasts a cyberpunk-kawaii fusion theme that combines the world of maids with the future.
Akiba Zettai Ryoiki A.D. 2045 opened on 14 March.
The new cafe aims to capture Akihabara’s techno-cool image in its design, taking inspiration from futuristic films like Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Akiba Zettai enlisted the help of Japanese illustrators to bring the cafe together, using their talents to create the artwork on the menu, crockery, and interior wall markings. “Zettai Ryoiki” translates to “absolute territory” and is used to refer to the exposed thigh area between skirt and thigh-high stocking. Like their other branches, the maids here are dressed to show off this “absolute territory”, with these outfits designed by illustrator Ryosuke Fukai.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Futuristic 1966 Ford Ranger II Concept Truck
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- 3D-Printed Paintings Let The Blind “See” Famous Art For The First Time
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Dolphin Shorts: The Favorite Fashion Trend Of The ’80s Teenage Girls
- Cool Pics That Show People With Technologies In The 80s
- Japanese Sculptor Shows How He Transforms Wood Into Surreal Sculptures
- Toilets Around the World
- Famous Music Hits Turned Into Vintage Ad Posters