New Cyberpunk Maid Cafe Opens In Akihabara, Tokyo
Japanese maids in thigh-high stockings are ready to take you to the year 2045. With so many maid cafes in Tokyo it can be hard to pick just one to visit if you’re pressed for time and on a tight itinerary.
Now, though, the choice is easy, as Japan’s most popular maid cafe, Akiba Zettai Ryoiki, has just opened their fourth branch in Akihabara, and this one boasts a cyberpunk-kawaii fusion theme that combines the world of maids with the future.
Akiba Zettai Ryoiki A.D. 2045 opened on 14 March.
The new cafe aims to capture Akihabara’s techno-cool image in its design, taking inspiration from futuristic films like Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Akiba Zettai enlisted the help of Japanese illustrators to bring the cafe together, using their talents to create the artwork on the menu, crockery, and interior wall markings. “Zettai Ryoiki” translates to “absolute territory” and is used to refer to the exposed thigh area between skirt and thigh-high stocking. Like their other branches, the maids here are dressed to show off this “absolute territory”, with these outfits designed by illustrator Ryosuke Fukai.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- Fabulous Portrait Photos of Celebrities Taken by Patrick Lichfield
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office
- Poetic, Emotional and Minimalist Photographs by Kersti K
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- The Fantastic, Beautiful and Colorful Mosaic Portraits by Charis Tsevis
- “UAZ Bukhanka”: Russia’s Most Legendary Off-Road Vechicle for Bizarre Tuning
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Stunning Images Of The National Geographic Traveller Photography Contest 2021