‘The Infinite Green’ By Adam Kalinowski, Is A Public Sculpture Covered In Plants
Adam Kalinowski has designed ‘The Infinite Green’, a sculpture that has been created as part of the visual art program of the European Capital of Culture in Wroclaw, Poland.
The Infinite Green” is an example of a ‘green sculpture’ which is a combination of steel and wood construction, soil and vegetating plants.
The sculpture may remind people of the graphic symbol of infinity especially observed from a birds point of view perspective. The viewer has access into interior of the structure.
Additional aspect of the sculpture may be a color of plants: many shades of green color appear while different species are planted on 110 m2 on 7 shelves-levels of a sculpture.
They also blossom in a different time of a year. Only perennials in quantity of 100 have been applied here.
This solution has a practical issue in mind – to produce habitual structure in a hot and dry climate which may hold friendly environment for a man: interior space of lower temperature and increased humidity in compare to dry and hot surroundings of the structure.
Infinity (symbol: 8) is an abstract concept describing something without any limit…and in this case symbolizes eternity and importance of living nature for human beings as a necessary factor for survival of human race.
A skylight is located in the upper part of the structure providing the main source of light inside the structure during the day.
Irrigation system is applied under each layer especially considering internal parts of a structure where shade plants are plated.
Less dose of water is required by succulents and bigger quantity are needed by shade plants.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Artist Studies Psychoanalysis And Visualize The States Of The Subconscious In Her Bizarre Sculptures
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Inspiring & Rare Color Photographs Of Everyday Life In Hong Kong From The Photographer Fan Ho
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The Paul Milinski Retro Futuristic Dreamscapes Are Serenity Manifest
- Artist Illustrates How Doing Anything Is Much Better When There Are Animals Around
- Funny Dark Humor Comics By Artist Jenna Noble